Graphics Driver Crash

DigitalFusion

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
In the past month I've been experiencing frequent black screens followed shortly afterward by a message stating that my Graphics Driver has crashed but has been recovered by windows. It doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing, I could be gaming, watching a movie, browsing, or sitting idle on my desktop.
GPU: Gigabyte nVidia GTX580
CPU: Intel i7

System temps are all monitored by two sensors at each major component and one on each HDD.
No temperature exceeds 60c under stress. GPU max temp is 55c, CPU max temp is 32c.
So I'm 100% sure this isn't a temperature issue.

Everything has the latest drivers, mobo has the latest bios. Issue didn't start after installing or changing anything.
At this point I'm at a loss, this is my last resort before I RMA the card, which i'm concerned they won't find an issue where the problem is at random and 90% of the time everything runs smoothly.

I built the system from the ground up and hand picked all the parts (funnily enough with the exception of the GPU... had the EVGA card not been sold out at the time I would have went that way.)

I'd really appreciate any suggestions. I don't want to take the card out as I went through alot of trouble to hide all the cables and will likely have to cut through somewhere between 10-15 ties lol.