Sooo frikkon PO'ed at system problems .......

The sicilian

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
.....That NO ONE seems to know whats wrong. Ok, I go from old problems to new ones, with brand fkn new upgraded and updated hardware AND software and now I just have a whole new set of BS issues that make no sense?!!!
Asus 1155 P8Z68-VPro MB, Intel core i7-2600K CPU 3.4GHz + CPU cooler, Corsair DDR3 Vengence 2X4GB RAM, 10,000 rpm Raptor 150GB HD, 800W CoolerMaster Gold Series PSU, Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit, TWO BFG GTX260-OC2 GPU. SamSuck Syncmaster 225BW 22" monitor.
Now, hopefully the core components are enough for help in diagnoses.
First, when I run my GPUs in SLI in DOD source, immediately after i get killed, I get fuzzy horizontal lines like never B4, PLUS, I no longer get a quick snapshot of who just killed me and where they are, I get some random enemy somewhere else on the map. AND the "shell shock" fom explosions is WAY MORE SEVERE now as well. Along with other video problems that slip my mind atm. So if I disable SLI, Its back to normal with all that shenanigans...... BUT IN BOTH MODES, I eventually get a crash out of the entire Hl2 program, and it asks me if I would like MS to look for a solution online and of course I say yes, but we all know the outcome on that one,.....NOTHING!
Oh it gets better ppl. I'm not sure if this is an issue after I installed the AI-2 suite for the MB or not, but when I power on, the system powers on, then powers off for a few seconds, then powers back on again, It did not do that when I first built the system.
Now this system should have NOOO problem running an older game like DOD source, yet it seems to be struggling desperately to just keep the game running.
My scope-ins lag like a B!@#% when I snipe, I get quick freezes in game ( 3-to-20 seconds) that I ask anyone else if they just got a huge lag spike and they ALL say no?
More,... If I turn on my system, and walk away for a bit and come back after its gone to sleep, Ive lost video and have to force a power off, and do a start up sometimes more than once to get video back. Other times I come back and the SYSTEM HAS SHUT ITSELF OFF ??? Then when I do a start up, AGAIN, I have NO VIDEO? So AGAIN, I have to do a force shut off, then a start up to get video back.
OMG, when I can think straight I'll add more issues from my frazzled memory, until then, I really wish someone could actually HELP me with this. Especially the Gd SLI thing, WTF is that?! SLI should SCREAM with this set up?
Thanks to anyone, from a very frustrated......person.
OK, I just played CSS last night , and the SAME problem with the horizontal lines is present in CSS too. When I disable SLI, the lines go away, but I still get crashes.
I will try MW2 as soon as I can....more to come......

mattyg_nz

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2011
If I turn on my system, and walk away for a bit and come back after its gone to sleep, Ive lost video and have to force a power off, and do a start up sometimes more than once to get video back. Other times I come back and the SYSTEM HAS SHUT ITSELF OFF ??? Then when I do a start up, AGAIN, I have NO VIDEO? So AGAIN, I have to do a force shut off, then a start up to get video back
Windows 7 SP1 has sleep/hibernate issues. It does neither task well. I believe Hybrid sleep is currently broken to compound the issues. My omputer with sleep enabled does power off and doesn't enable the GPU for some reason on wake. Just disable sleep to fix that (under power options in control panel)

The sicilian

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for your response, but the MB I have has on board graphics as well, so that should kick in if the GPU is not recognized when W7 is asked to come out of hibernation. Plus, if I wait long enough to come back, the computer turns itself off completely, WTf is that?