Sign in with
Your question

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO Boot Errors?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 11, 2012 7:33:13 PM

My first post on this site, community's never let me down before so I'm hoping you can help me.

I recently purchased an ASUS P8Z77-V Pro motherboard for my first ever gaming build.

I installed everything correctly. I went to boot for the first time; no luck. The LEDs on my mobo told me there was no VGA cable (which there was), then told me there was no boot device (which there also was). I checked all of my connections but still got nothing to work.

After searching through some internet forums, including this site, I found that other people had similar problems, and had resolved them by removing the graphics card and one stick of RAM, so I tried that and it booted. Fiddled around with the BIOS to see if there were any settings I could change and I even ended updated it in the end. Still nothing if I install 2 RAM sticks and a graphics card. It's now stuck in a boot loop but I'm pretty sure this is my fault to some extent.
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 11, 2012 7:59:55 PM

Hi, It would be helpful to detail the RAMs, graphics and power supply models.
November 12, 2012 12:33:15 PM

Oh yeah, sorry.

I have two 4GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3. My graphics card is the ASUS GTX 660Ti. My power supply is a Novatech Powerstation 750 Black Edition.
Related resources
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 12, 2012 1:12:07 PM

Have you connected boh PCIe cables to the graphics card? Does the system boot with one RAM and the graphics card?
November 12, 2012 4:45:14 PM

I connected all cables to the graphics card, and no it didn't boot if the graphics card was installed at all so I was using onboard graphics.
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 12, 2012 5:00:15 PM

I suggest taking the board outside the case and test again on a cardboard or similar non conducting surface. Make sure that the graphis card is proerly inserted in the PCIe slot. Test also, if possible, the graphics card in a different PC just to make sure it works.
November 12, 2012 5:14:10 PM

alexoiu said:
I suggest taking the board outside the case and test again on a cardboard or similar non conducting surface. Make sure that the graphis card is proerly inserted in the PCIe slot. Test also, if possible, the graphics card in a different PC just to make sure it works.

I tried that and it still didn't work. I tested the other graphics card in another PC and it works fine.
a c 150 Ĉ ASUS
a c 559 V Motherboard
November 12, 2012 5:16:35 PM

Then it might be a CPU socket bent pins issue. You can uninstall the CPU and check the socket with a magnifying glass. When reinstalling, clean the old thermal paste and reapply a new one.
November 12, 2012 5:28:51 PM

Well I didn't touch any pins even slightly, I was very careful as this was my first build, but I'll check anyway.
!