AMD FX8120 Enhancements

Status
Not open for further replies.

systembuilder123

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2011
The title says it all. I expected AMD's new FX line to blow Intel's 2500k out of the water, but it didnt. So anyway I dropped $200 on the FX 8120 and it pretty much sucks. I dont wanna have to buy a new board and new processor (I will when Ivy Bridge gets cheap). So I was planning on install Windows 8 dev preview (slight perfomance increase). Im using the Spire Thermax Eclipse II as a heatsink, a NZXT Phantom case (black), a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 board, and a Radeon 6950 with a corsair sandforce SSD. What are ways that I could make my FX chip faster? How can I increase its speed in bios (set it to 3.9GHz instead of 3.1GHz), basically I was wondering if there was a way to turn the piece of trash I bought into a good chip for gaming. I was also wondering if I could fit one of Intel's chips into the board (I know its risky, dont tell me). Ive read about people who can run a i5 2500K stable and havent believed it, was wondering if you could clarify.

Solution
No Intel in a AMD board!
To make your CPU faster you will have to raise the multiplier for it in BIOS and make sure you have enough cooling!

Those are the kind of people who wake up in the morning and truly believe they are an onion.

Status
Not open for further replies.