Back in the Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

crispy77

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Hello, i just got my pc back after a year of being stored away without any use. The pc is coming up on 2 years old and as far as I know is still a beast. But I realize how quickly new and better pc components come out, and I want to be ready for all the upcoming releases.

I7 860 @ 3.67 Ghz (OC)
radeon HD 5850
p55 ud3 A mobo
4gb corsair ddr3 1600
Anything i should get ready to upgrade?? I wish to continue to run everything maxed out too...

Solution
It'll be hard to even find a 5850 in the future seeing as it's already hard trying to find one right now. Your CPU is still excellent as is the rest of your parts. Most likely youll replace the GPU before thinking of the CPU so you're good for now. =]

crispy77

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
I play at 1920X1200. I know I keep kicking myself for getting an outdated mobo and processor using Socket 1156. But i was told the 860's were good for overclocking. I mean I don't for see needing to upgrade the processor any time soon. I was more interested in whether or not my gpu will continue to get the job done. It runs games like FC2, GTA4, and mafia 2 at full graphics without any problems what so ever. But if i can add another 5850 in the future I should be good to go.

As for the power suppy, i have 800W from a real good manufacturer ( i destroyed a 600W when i tried.) So no worries there.

lilotimz

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2009
It'll be hard to even find a 5850 in the future seeing as it's already hard trying to find one right now. Your CPU is still excellent as is the rest of your parts. Most likely youll replace the GPU before thinking of the CPU so you're good for now. =]

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.