Motorola RAZR $199

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
June 15, 2005 11:28:40 PM

Cingular advertising $199 for RAZR. Since I already am an existing
subscriber I wonder if the deal would be offered to me. Its been 7 years
with the same Nokia 5120 cell phone.

Also, is there something better in the Motorola pipeline that is generating
the lower price on the RAZR?

More about : motorola razr 199

Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:07:39 AM

Did you login to your Cingular account and click on the "upgrade my
phone" link? It will tell you if you are eligable for an upgrade and
show your the phones & prices. I am no longer on a contrace and it
shows me a price of $199 + $18 activation for the RAZR with a 2 yr.
contract. YMMV.

Like any manufacturer, they probably can lower the price as volumes
increase. The "early adopters" help pay for the initial costs. Also,
you can probably bet that the phone costs much more than $200 from
Motorola since you are signing up to a 2 yr. contract. Cingular is
subsidizing the cost of the phone and would recover that cost in your
early termination fee should you end your contract before 2 yrs.
Anonymous
June 16, 2005 12:53:14 AM

If you're had the old phone for 7 years, you should be eligible for an
upgrade at that promotion price. Contact Cingular sales dept.

"Gary" <GParent@rocketmail.com> wrote in message
> Cingular advertising $199 for RAZR. Since I already am an existing
> subscriber I wonder if the deal would be offered to me. Its been 7 years
> with the same Nokia 5120 cell phone.
>
> Also, is there something better in the Motorola pipeline that is
> generating
> the lower price on the RAZR?

Related resources
June 16, 2005 12:55:45 PM

The $199 is the discounted price (if you also sign-up for $9.99 worth of
monthly features - $219 if you don't). As of last week Best Buy had the V3
with and upgrade for $149.99 with no feature requirement. The discounted
pricing assumes a 2 yr commitment.

Fred

<machXS1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Did you login to your Cingular account and click on the "upgrade my
> phone" link? It will tell you if you are eligable for an upgrade and
> show your the phones & prices. I am no longer on a contrace and it
> shows me a price of $199 + $18 activation for the RAZR with a 2 yr.
> contract. YMMV.
>
> Like any manufacturer, they probably can lower the price as volumes
> increase. The "early adopters" help pay for the initial costs. Also,
> you can probably bet that the phone costs much more than $200 from
> Motorola since you are signing up to a 2 yr. contract. Cingular is
> subsidizing the cost of the phone and would recover that cost in your
> early termination fee should you end your contract before 2 yrs.

June 18, 2005 8:49:02 PM

I wasn't aware you could go to third parties like Best Buy and get deals if
you are an existing customer. Thought they only dealt on new subscribers.
Interesting!!!

One other point. I like the plan I have. If you pop for a two year contract,
can you keep your existing plan?

Thanks for the help.

Gary

"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:p Fese.16627$Hj.7813@lakeread02...
> The $199 is the discounted price (if you also sign-up for $9.99 worth of
> monthly features - $219 if you don't). As of last week Best Buy had the
V3
> with and upgrade for $149.99 with no feature requirement. The discounted
> pricing assumes a 2 yr commitment.
>
> Fred
>
> <machXS1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Did you login to your Cingular account and click on the "upgrade my
> > phone" link? It will tell you if you are eligable for an upgrade and
> > show your the phones & prices. I am no longer on a contrace and it
> > shows me a price of $199 + $18 activation for the RAZR with a 2 yr.
> > contract. YMMV.
> >
> > Like any manufacturer, they probably can lower the price as volumes
> > increase. The "early adopters" help pay for the initial costs. Also,
> > you can probably bet that the phone costs much more than $200 from
> > Motorola since you are signing up to a 2 yr. contract. Cingular is
> > subsidizing the cost of the phone and would recover that cost in your
> > early termination fee should you end your contract before 2 yrs.

June 18, 2005 9:03:17 PM

Just saw it online at Best Buy for $70.

Motorola RAZR V3 (Cingular Wireless)

Price with Plan: $299.99
Total available rebates: -$230.00

Your Price with Plan & Rebate: $69.99

QUESTION: Seems like a heavy up front price. What is behind the curtain when
you deconstruct this deal? Are the rebates real or do you have to chase the
rebaters, also what do they expect regards the plan. I'm thinking they are
going to require that you go with an expensive plan.

> I wasn't aware you could go to third parties like Best Buy and get deals
if
> you are an existing customer. Thought they only dealt on new subscribers.
> Interesting!!!
>
> One other point. I like the plan I have. If you pop for a two year
contract,
> can you keep your existing plan?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Gary
>

> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:p Fese.16627$Hj.7813@lakeread02...
> > The $199 is the discounted price (if you also sign-up for $9.99 worth of
> > monthly features - $219 if you don't). As of last week Best Buy had the
> V3
> > with and upgrade for $149.99 with no feature requirement. The
discounted
> > pricing assumes a 2 yr commitment.
> >
> > Fred
> >
> > <machXS1@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > Did you login to your Cingular account and click on the "upgrade my
> > > phone" link? It will tell you if you are eligable for an upgrade and
> > > show your the phones & prices. I am no longer on a contrace and it
> > > shows me a price of $199 + $18 activation for the RAZR with a 2 yr.
> > > contract. YMMV.
> > >
> > > Like any manufacturer, they probably can lower the price as volumes
> > > increase. The "early adopters" help pay for the initial costs. Also,
> > > you can probably bet that the phone costs much more than $200 from
> > > Motorola since you are signing up to a 2 yr. contract. Cingular is
> > > subsidizing the cost of the phone and would recover that cost in your
> > > early termination fee should you end your contract before 2 yrs.

Anonymous
June 20, 2005 6:36:37 AM

You can get the phone unlocked and without any contract for $335 at
http://www.myworldphone.com/.

Stu

news:p tYse.12670$kl1.1651@trndny08...

!