Treo 650 is official!!!!

Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
Soon".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

    In article <clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>,
    "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > Soon".

    Coming soon = Vapor ware.

    When you can go into BestBuy and get one, THEN it's official.

    In article <clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>,
    "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:

    > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > Soon".

    What's New - Treo 650 Smartphone

    Bluetooth wireless technology -- Now connecting to other Bluetooth
    wireless devices is a snap.

    Sharper display -- The vibrant 320x320 touchscreen, with more than
    65,000 colors, is easy to read -- even in sunlight.

    Built-in MP3 player -- Add an expansion card (sold separately) to take
    thousands of favorite tunes anywhere simply by transferring MP3 files
    from the desktop.

    Word, Excel, and PowerPoint -- View, edit, and create Word- and
    Excel-compatible documents and view PowerPoint-compatible attachments.

    Removable battery -- Carry an extra battery and swap it out for
    additional power on the fly.

    Nonvolatile memory -- Data and applications are safe while you change
    batteries or if you lose power.

    Better camera now captures video, too -- The improved, built-in camera
    takes better pictures in low light -- and it includes 2x zoom and a
    mirror for self-portraits.

    Combined text and picture messaging1 -- Send and receive text messages,
    photos, or video clips from one application with a single Inbox.

    Improved keyboard and button layout -- Typing is even more
    finger-friendly with the improved keyboard. Navigation buttons are all
    centrally located for faster access.

    Easier email setup -- A new desktop wizard detects most email services
    and prompts you through VersaMail setup.

    Available as either a GSM quad-band world phone or dual-band digital
    CDMA.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Better camera now captures video, too -- The improved, built-in camera
    > takes better pictures in low light -- and it includes 2x zoom and a
    > mirror for self-portraits.
    >
    > Combined text and picture messaging1 -- Send and receive text messages,
    > photos, or video clips from one application with a single Inbox.

    Is it possible to take a picture and save to memory card?

    Thanks
    Qu1nn
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > Soon".
    >
    > --
    > --John

    CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited to
    headset, handsfree and serial port:

  5. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    SNIP

    > CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited to
    > headset, handsfree and serial port:
    >
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3572
    >
    > http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3579

    SNIP

    Does that mean you can't use Bluetooth to connect to a PC for LAN/WAN
    access? I wonder if the new Palm WiFi card works with the Treo 650?

    TC
  6. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
    > SNIP
    >

    >> CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited
    >> to headset, handsfree and serial port:
    >>
    >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3572
    >>
    >> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3579
    >>
    > SNIP
    >
    > Does that mean you can't use Bluetooth to connect to a PC for LAN/WAN
    > access? I wonder if the new Palm WiFi card works with the Treo 650?
    >
    > TC

    I don't have first hand experience on this one, and most of the people who
    have seemed interested in taking pictures only :(

    Anyway, the specs list only these profiles. The Bluetooth.com database does
    not list the Treo 650 yet - is it really certified?

    It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their network,
    not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with Nokia and Sony
    Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router software to prevent users to
    connect to their computers...

  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their
    > network, not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with
    > Nokia and Sony Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router
    > software to prevent users to connect to their computers...

    P910 and P900 both do passthrough for IP connection over bluetooth.

    --
    "Get a paper bag"
  8. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Here's more info on the Treo 650:

    http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo-650-smartphone.html

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>...
    > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > Soon".
  9. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Here's info on the Palm One Treo 650 just released:

    http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo-650-smartphone.html

    "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>...
    > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > Soon".
  10. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    "Tim S Kemp" <news@timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Mauricio Freitas wrote:
    >

    >> It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their
    >> network, not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with
    >> Nokia and Sony Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router
    >> software to prevent users to connect to their computers...
    >
    > P910 and P900 both do passthrough for IP connection over bluetooth.

    They both do, but with some work... For example it used to be transparent
    with previous mRouter versions and P800. With the P900/P910 you need to
    define some routing stuff. Not 100% automatic as before.

  11. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    Mauricio Freitas wrote:

    > They both do, but with some work... For example it used to be
    > transparent with previous mRouter versions and P800. With the
    > P900/P910 you need to define some routing stuff. Not 100% automatic
    > as before.

    Since when? I defined nothing on my 910 and as long as it's either docked or
    bluetoothed to the PC I have net access for browsing and agile no problem?

    --
    "Get a paper bag"
  12. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    In article <96b4774e.0410262027.1c0215f0@posting.google.com>,
    gamerxt3@hotmail.com (Gamer) wrote:

    > Here's info on the Palm One Treo 650 just released:
    >
    > http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo-650-smartphone.html
    >
    > "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
    > > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
    > > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
    > > Soon".

    Correction the Treo 650 was announced. It is not released. When you can
    go into BestBuy and plunk down $600 for one, then you may call it
    released.

    Any review of a prototype is suspect. Pieces/parts; specifications;
    performance may change considerably between a reviewed preproduction
    prototype and the standard production run where ways to cut costs are
    always an issue.

    It's not apparent the reviewer even had their hands on a Treo 650. It
    reads more like a cut and paste from Palm One's Press Release.

Bluetooth Treo Product