Treo 650 is official!!!!

Last response: in Technologies
October 25, 2004 2:10:04 PM

Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
Soon".

--
--John
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

More about : treo 650 official

Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:44:08 AM

In article <clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>,
"J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> Soon".

Coming soon = Vapor ware.

When you can go into BestBuy and get one, THEN it's official.
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:46:47 AM

In article <clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>,
"J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote:

> Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> Soon".

What's New - Treo 650 Smartphone

Bluetooth wireless technology -- Now connecting to other Bluetooth
wireless devices is a snap.

Sharper display -- The vibrant 320x320 touchscreen, with more than
65,000 colors, is easy to read -- even in sunlight.

Built-in MP3 player -- Add an expansion card (sold separately) to take
thousands of favorite tunes anywhere simply by transferring MP3 files
from the desktop.

Word, Excel, and PowerPoint -- View, edit, and create Word- and
Excel-compatible documents and view PowerPoint-compatible attachments.

Removable battery -- Carry an extra battery and swap it out for
additional power on the fly.

Nonvolatile memory -- Data and applications are safe while you change
batteries or if you lose power.

Better camera now captures video, too -- The improved, built-in camera
takes better pictures in low light -- and it includes 2x zoom and a
mirror for self-portraits.

Combined text and picture messaging1 -- Send and receive text messages,
photos, or video clips from one application with a single Inbox.

Improved keyboard and button layout -- Typing is even more
finger-friendly with the improved keyboard. Navigation buttons are all
centrally located for faster access.

Easier email setup -- A new desktop wizard detects most email services
and prompts you through VersaMail setup.

Available as either a GSM quad-band world phone or dual-band digital
CDMA.
October 26, 2004 12:14:31 PM

> Better camera now captures video, too -- The improved, built-in camera
> takes better pictures in low light -- and it includes 2x zoom and a
> mirror for self-portraits.
>
> Combined text and picture messaging1 -- Send and receive text messages,
> photos, or video clips from one application with a single Inbox.

Is it possible to take a picture and save to memory card?

Thanks
Qu1nn
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 3:09:32 PM

> Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> Soon".
>
> --
> --John

CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited to
headset, handsfree and serial port:

October 26, 2004 3:09:33 PM

"Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
SNIP

> CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited to
> headset, handsfree and serial port:
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3572
>
> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3579

SNIP

Does that mean you can't use Bluetooth to connect to a PC for LAN/WAN
access? I wonder if the new Palm WiFi card works with the Treo 650?

TC
Anonymous
October 26, 2004 9:59:04 PM

"Tony Clark" <curiousgeorge1964@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D eifd.2517$kM.1225@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net...

> "Mauricio Freitas" <dr.emailposter@nowhere.invalid> wrote in message
> SNIP
>

>> CDMA version will be $599 from Sprint. The Bluetooth support is limited
>> to headset, handsfree and serial port:
>>
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3572
>>
>> http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=3579
>>
> SNIP
>
> Does that mean you can't use Bluetooth to connect to a PC for LAN/WAN
> access? I wonder if the new Palm WiFi card works with the Treo 650?
>
> TC

I don't have first hand experience on this one, and most of the people who
have seemed interested in taking pictures only :(

Anyway, the specs list only these profiles. The Bluetooth.com database does
not list the Treo 650 yet - is it really certified?

It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their network,
not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with Nokia and Sony
Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router software to prevent users to
connect to their computers...

October 26, 2004 9:59:05 PM

Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their
> network, not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with
> Nokia and Sony Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router
> software to prevent users to connect to their computers...

P910 and P900 both do passthrough for IP connection over bluetooth.

--
"Get a paper bag"
Anonymous

Here's more info on the Treo 650:

http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo...

"J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>...
> Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> Soon".
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:27:14 AM

Here's info on the Palm One Treo 650 just released:

http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo...

"J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message news:<clj2lc01msl@news1.newsguy.com>...
> Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> Soon".
Anonymous
October 27, 2004 1:55:39 AM

"Tim S Kemp" <news@timkemp.karoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Mauricio Freitas wrote:
>

>> It would not be surprising. Operators want you to connect on their
>> network, not to use your broadband at home. See what happened with
>> Nokia and Sony Ericsson models, who had plugged the LAN router
>> software to prevent users to connect to their computers...
>
> P910 and P900 both do passthrough for IP connection over bluetooth.

They both do, but with some work... For example it used to be transparent
with previous mRouter versions and P800. With the P900/P910 you need to
define some routing stuff. Not 100% automatic as before.

October 27, 2004 1:55:40 AM

Mauricio Freitas wrote:

> They both do, but with some work... For example it used to be
> transparent with previous mRouter versions and P800. With the
> P900/P910 you need to define some routing stuff. Not 100% automatic
> as before.

Since when? I defined nothing on my 910 and as long as it's either docked or
bluetoothed to the PC I have net access for browsing and agile no problem?

--
"Get a paper bag"
Anonymous

In article <96b4774e.0410262027.1c0215f0@posting.google.com>,
gamerxt3@hotmail.com (Gamer) wrote:

> Here's info on the Palm One Treo 650 just released:
>
> http://www.review-center.com/news/2004/10/palm-one-treo...
>
> "J. Clarke" <jclarke@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> > Just was over at the PalmOne site and noticed that the Treo 650 is now
> > listed on the product page, with much information but no price and "Coming
> > Soon".

Correction the Treo 650 was announced. It is not released. When you can
go into BestBuy and plunk down $600 for one, then you may call it
released.

Any review of a prototype is suspect. Pieces/parts; specifications;
performance may change considerably between a reviewed preproduction
prototype and the standard production run where ways to cut costs are
always an issue.

It's not apparent the reviewer even had their hands on a Treo 650. It
reads more like a cut and paste from Palm One's Press Release.
!