BSOD after clean start.

Maipon

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
Hello

As yesterday I started building myself a new computer. Thing is everything is new except an XFX Radeon HD 5770. Everything is going ok, except for 2 times getting randomly BSODs (I wasn't stressing the hardware, just navigating and installing).

The only thing that I have come to think of as a cause, is that the PSU (Corsair GS700) makes these strange noises (that I also searched through various forums) and it maybe overheating and causing the BSODs, which is kind of unlikely given the high ammount of airflow I've put to the chassis.

So, idk, if there's any more data that would be needed.
Specs:

Asus P8Z77-V
Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770 (with standard fan)
Corsair 16GB (4x4) 1600MHz DDR3 Vengeance
XFX Radeon HD 5770
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm
CoolerMaster HAF XM

Cheers!

tibby2toes

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012

I'm getting BSOD with that exact mobo cpu memory combo. Running newest bios on the mobo. I can't get through the install of windows without bsod and reboot. Tried xpu and down clocking the ram. Still BSOD. If i take out 2 chips and run single channel, it boots fine. Unsure if i should RMA the board or the ram.

tibby2toes

Honorable
Nov 14, 2012
I recommend you download memtest86+ and test all of your ram modules individually. I used the usb boot version and tested each of my 4 memory modules last night. One module failed right away. I'm doing an advanced RMA with Corsair and running on 2 sticks until they send me the new kit.

Good luck