Sign in with
Your question

Geforce ot Radeon ?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 15, 2011 9:13:40 AM

Hello,
i need some advice about VGA.
1- what is Shader Clock an the importance of that in the VGA because Radeon Series doesnt have Shader Clock.
2- is the 256 Memory bus role very notable against 128 and does it cost to pay more money for that ?

More about : geforce radeon

August 15, 2011 10:08:53 AM

1- AMD runs the Core and Shader clocks at the same speed, so you can't set them independently like on an NVIDIA, you can check wikipedia for more information on shaders but I wouldn't worry about it much.

2- 128 bit vs 256 bit memory bus is a rather large difference as it controls the amount of data you can move. Typically the easiest way to visualize this is a 4 lane vs an 8 lane highway the 8 lane can move a lot more traffic. There are several factors that affect graphics performance, however your memory bus is a good indicator of the performance class your card is in, 128 bit is going to be your lower end mainstream cards, where 256 bit is really the start of the performance cards that you'll see gamers wanting.

Of course the card you choose depends on your budget and this site just did an update to their video card buyers guide that you should take a look at to help you decide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-performance-...
m
l
August 15, 2011 3:00:40 PM

hooman, this has been covered, ummm... 3,628 times - which GPU should i pick? Please read just the last 10 or 20 articles on the subject. If you are still uncertain, send me your money and I will buy you something...

:) 
m
l
August 15, 2011 3:12:07 PM

"Of course the card you choose depends on your budget and this site just did an update to their video card buyers guide that you should take a look at to help you decide:
http://www.tomshardware.com/review [...] ,2997.html" -MrYoink

You have the google, search these terms that confuse you. Ignore the advertising look at the benchmarks and determine what is right for you.
m
l
Related resources
!