Archived from groups: uk.games.video.dreamcast,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Ted wrote:

> qatmix wrote:
>
>>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8142682935&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT
>>
>>Own the worlds fastest Dreamcast.. I need the cash.
>

> Saving with VMUs hasn't been tested? Wow, what quality assurance...

Yeah, overclocking issues with compatibility and limited increase in
performance aside, I find this actually impossible. Too many DC games
auto-save for this not to be a function worth testing. Beyond that, I
don't know what to say, but I've always laughed at overclocking as a
solution to performance issues, because I've rarely seen them solved
without creating far worse issues.

--
Scott

Game Pilgrimage
http://users4.ev1.net/~sheath

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.dreamcast,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Ive tried basic testing. It seems that my 3rd party memory card works, but
not all 1st party (Vmus) do. The thing is ive only got 3 mem cards 2/3 work
but I cant say that is fully tested as I dont know if my VMU has the issue
or if its the overclock.

The bid quite clearly states its experimental, and should be treated as
such.

Cheers

qatmix wrote:
> Ive tried basic testing. It seems that my 3rd party memory card works, but
> not all 1st party (Vmus) do. The thing is ive only got 3 mem cards 2/3 work
> but I cant say that is fully tested as I dont know if my VMU has the issue
> or if its the overclock.
>
> The bid quite clearly states its experimental, and should be treated as
> such.
>
> Cheers

No further argument from me, you have been honest, and it's a very
interesting prospect, if I had $200 to throw around that is. ;)

--
Scott

Game Pilgrimage
http://users4.ev1.net/~sheath

KD

Archived from groups: uk.games.video.dreamcast,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 20:57:50 -0000, "qatmix" <qatmix@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Ive tried basic testing. It seems that my 3rd party memory card works, but
>not all 1st party (Vmus) do. The thing is ive only got 3 mem cards 2/3 work
>but I cant say that is fully tested as I dont know if my VMU has the issue
>or if its the overclock.
>
>The bid quite clearly states its experimental, and should be treated as
>such.
>
>Cheers

Have you considered sharing how u did the overclock.
Think about it.