How to set default view for open and save as dialog box?

The view preference I set for all folders does not get
used by the open and save dialog boxes, it would appear.
How do I set it so that the open box view is always
the "detail" option instead of the "list" mode -- so I
don't have to reset the mode from "list" to "detail" every
time I want to open or save a file? This gets to be a real
pain after a while.

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about default view open save dialog

    Click tools , folder options ,View and click on apply to all folders, After
    you set your views to what you want.
    hope this helps

    --
    Carl
    "Lenny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > The view preference I set for all folders does not get
    > used by the open and save dialog boxes, it would appear.
    > How do I set it so that the open box view is always
    > the "detail" option instead of the "list" mode -- so I
    > don't have to reset the mode from "list" to "detail" every
    > time I want to open or save a file? This gets to be a real
    > pain after a while.
    >
    > Thanks

Configuration Default Dialog Customization Windows XP