spennyo33

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
Hello there, thank you for taking the time to look and hopefully help with my questions. I am building a computer that I hope will be able to play the new video games such as Battlefield 3.

I have had the computer for a few years now, it just has not been played much. I have a ECS GeForce6100PM-M2 v2.0 motherboard, with a AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Quad Core CPU 3.2GHz processor. The video card is a EVGA GTX 550 Ti which I was told was good enough to play BF3. I have 6 gigs of ram on the computer which I also was told was enough. My question is, when I boot BF3 and begin to play, the CPU maxes out at 100%. I did not think that it would use all 4 cores but apparently it is. I tried to update the BIOS, unfortunately I don't know that it updated anything.

Any help would be appreciated to find out how to make this computer run smooth as I feel that it should be. Again I am new to computers so please be patient and easy on me!

Spencer

G

your cpu sounds like its a bottleneck you might want to upgrade it. do a full cpu, motherboard ram upgrade. is bf3 stuttering a lot?

flexxar

Honorable
Oct 6, 2012
Your computer is planty fast enough to play BF3 or any game without issues. If your framerate isn't as fast as you're looking for, make sure you have the latest graphics card drivers and directX. If it's still not good enough to play, you'll have to lower your setting in the game. You'll want to lower anti-aliasing and physics settings for better performance. If you are encounter screen tearing, enable v-sync.

G

your gpu might be using your cpu as a physics processor, you can disable that in nvidia settings. my cpu gets hotter playing bf3 that anything else which tells me there is pretty substantial cpu load