Sign in with
Your question

Computer turns on, but nothing is displayed on the Monitor.

Last response: in Motherboards
November 12, 2012 4:31:01 PM

Hi!
I have a Lenovo IdeaCentre K220 for a few years now. Several months ago, I was booting up the machine and accidently killed it during boot. Now, when I try to turn it on, nothing shows. I don't know what is wrong because I have tried different monitors, different cables, and an external graphics card! It still displays nothing. I've even reset the CMOS! But when I remove the RAM, it give's me the No RAM error code. Then, when I remove the CPU and have no RAM, it gives me nothing. It's very strange and even my Next Door Neighbor who is a Senior IT Architect didn't know what to do. He even did a 4 ft drop test and nothing came loose! So, can anyone help me here?

Thanks,
NetworkLabs
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2012 5:09:56 PM

Hi, Without CPU you will not get any BEEP error.
Try inserting one RAM stick, install the graphics card, connect only the DVD driver, keyboard and mouse and test.
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 12, 2012 5:17:46 PM

have you tried an internal graphics card? it run off of integrated graphics, if you can bypass that it should work. itnot you probably have a dead motherboard
m
l
Related resources
November 12, 2012 6:33:45 PM

I have ran with one stick multiple times, and tried internal and external graphics. Still nothing.

Edit - When I say external, I mean PCI Expansion.
m
l
a c 559 V Motherboard
a b C Monitor
November 12, 2012 6:39:06 PM

Then it might be a motherboard, CPU, or power supply issue issue. If still under warranty, try RMA-ing it. Or test them at a local shop.
m
l
November 12, 2012 6:43:46 PM

It's about 2-4 years old, so I don't have warranty. I guess I will try testing the power supply and replacing the RAM. Anything else I can try?
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 13, 2012 4:34:30 AM

NetworkLabs said:
It's about 2-4 years old, so I don't have warranty. I guess I will try testing the power supply and replacing the RAM. Anything else I can try?

not really, you are at a testing phases were you need to test each thing individually
m
l
!