Geforce 8400GS

G

Hello,
Im looking to buy a graphics card and i've found a Geforce 8400GS but it says DDR3 on the box in the picture and im pretty certain my motherboard can only take DDR2 but not sure if thats just ram and its a completely different thing. I've got a GA-954G-S3 motherboard which does have a pcie x16 slot (or so it says in the manual) any help would be much appreciated dunno if you need them but my specs are:
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1528MB RAM
Chip type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family 128mb
cheers

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/19876123/-/Product.html?opFR=true
this is the card i was looking at

DelroyMonjo

Distinguished
Motherboard RAM is different than Graphics Ram. A DDR 3 or DDR5 GPU will work fine.
Unless someone is offering you this vid. card for £7.00 or so I would search for a better vid card in your price range.
Trust me, you will be disappointed if you don't look for better in this price range.
Make sure your power supply has a proper connect for ANY GPU you wish to add.

ayaznoor

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2011
can you tell your budget? once you know how much you're willing to spend, only then can you make the most affordable choice

mbeech

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2011
I literally want it to play rubbish old games i just cant quite run with my intel chipset so obviously i'd prefer to spend as little as possible my pc isnt amazing anyway so i dont see much point in spending alot on a nice card.
i wouldn't want to spend much more than £30 since i built my pc for about £100