Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Which RAM?

Last response: in Memory
Share
November 12, 2012 6:44:07 PM

I bought the EXTREME6 Z77 today:
http://www.lambda-tek.com/componentshop/index.pl?prodID...

Can someone recommend good RAM? I currently have Crucial 16GB in my MacBookPro so if anyone can let me know the type required for the Motherboard from http://www.crucial.com/uk

Would be appreciated, thanks!

More about : ram

November 12, 2012 7:03:22 PM

Corsair Vengeance will work fine with the Extreme6
m
0
l
Related resources
November 12, 2012 7:11:37 PM

vance09 said:
You won't need 16gb unless you're doing some serious video editing. Also, I don't think a Z77 board like the Extreme6 supports quad-channel ram as it is.


Ah right, that saved me wasting time

Could you pick a good one for ~£30-40?
http://www.scan.co.uk 8GB

Thanks a lot (first build so excuse the newbie answers/qs)
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 7:13:35 PM

Would this do?
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-red-low-profile-pc3-14900-(1866)-non-ecc-cas-9-10-9-27-xmp-15v

PC3-14900 so better then the PC3-12800?
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 7:14:46 PM

No problem, glad to help. As long as you're just gaming, 8gb is more than enough.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-jet-black-lp-pc3-12800-(1600)-non-ecc-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 7:14:54 PM

vance09 said:
No problem, glad to help. As long as you're just gaming, 8gb is more than enough.
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-jet-black-lp-pc3-12800-(1600)-non-ecc-cas-9-9-9-24-xmp-15v


Perfect thanks!

Will go ahead and look up best price for that or just go with Scan as few quid isn't worth the trouble as Scan have great customer service
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 7:17:26 PM

Ktank said:
Would this do?
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/8gb-(2x4gb)-corsair-ddr3-vengeance-red-low-profile-pc3-14900-(1866)-non-ecc-cas-9-10-9-27-xmp-15v

PC3-14900 so better then the PC3-12800?

1866 mhz ram isn't gonna offer you that much of an advantage over 1600 mhz, so you can save a little money there, unless you really don't mind paying the extra money.
m
0
l
November 12, 2012 7:18:05 PM

Ktank said:
Perfect thanks!

Will go ahead and look up best price for that or just go with Scan as few quid isn't worth the trouble as Scan have great customer service

Yeah, no prob, glad to help :) 
m
0
l
!