Closed

Mushkin MKNPSJl800

Tags:
  • Power Supplies
  • Components
  • Product
Last response: in Components
January 15, 2012 1:24:28 PM

I've got the oppurtunity to get this PSU for about 90 bucks with a combo deal. It's not listed on the who's who section of power supplies, and while I'm aware of Mushkin's good reputation in memory, I've never heard anything good or bad about muskin power supplies.

The system I would be using it on is a single 2500k, 1 hdd 7200 rpm, 1 ssd, 1 odd, 2x4gb 1600 ddr3 ram, and a gtx 580, so the 800 watts would be for the possibility of maybe adding a second 580 down the road.

My question is can anyone atest to the reliability of Mushkin's power supplies? Since it's 80+ silver, it's going to be pretty efficient. Any input on this subject is greatly appreciated, as I'm most likely going to be ordering the system as soon as this is resolved.

More about : mushkin mknpsjl800

a c 87 ) Power supply
January 15, 2012 2:06:10 PM

It's built by an OEM called Andyson. A lot of their units seem to have unrealistic 80Plus ratings. So I don't think it will be as efficient as it claims to be.
Voltage regulation +12V rail(s) on the 1000W version are a bit loose, but still in spec.

Personally I would not want to buy it. Especially if you are overclocking and adding a second GTX 580.
Score
Related resources
January 15, 2012 2:25:04 PM

Silvune said:
It's built by an OEM called Andyson. A lot of their units seem to have unrealistic 80Plus ratings. So I don't think it will be as efficient as it claims to be.
Voltage regulation +12V rail(s) on the 1000W version are a bit loose, but still in spec.

Personally I would not want to buy it. Especially if you are overclocking and adding a second GTX 580.

My other option for this build would be Antec High Current Gamer Series 750w which is made by Delta, would this be a more viable option?

My build is actually overbudget by a bit already, so I'd like to not go over $100 on the power supply if at all possible. If I need to go down to something smaller for the time being to be in that range, but not be SLI ready, I'd be ok with that as well. I just want something that is going to last quite a while, and the Antec comes with a 5 year warranty, so I figured it must be pretty good.
Score

Best solution

a c 87 ) Power supply
January 15, 2012 2:38:33 PM

Delta are one of the best OEMs in terms of build quality. So it is definitely a good choice.
January 15, 2012 2:58:14 PM

Best answer selected by jeremyp1979.
Score
!