HP Proliant ML330 G3 Shutdown Issue

bobmendon

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
I have a Proliant ML330 G3 that randomly shuts down after running form any from 10 to 15 minutes. I have replaced everything except the dual Xeon 2.40GHZ processors. New power supply, new hard drives, new memory. new motherboard. I power up the machine it runs about 10 minutes, the status lights on the board are all green and then I will hear an audible click and the thing shuts down. Any ideas?

bobmendon

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2012
At this point, there is one hard drive, both processors, 4 gb of memory, (I have played with removing the memory and only using two GB) no other cards or devices attached. It does not reboot, it simply shuts down. As I have said, the only things not replaced are the processors and the case itself. The memory, drives, motherboard, and power supply have all been replaced.

The CPU would be the issue, not the motherboard. Have you tried running the system with a single processor? If it still shuts down, then try the other one. Unless you have an Insight controller or another controller still inserted in the motherboard, there isn't much else that could cause the issue.