toolbars not wanted

July 31, 2004 1:06:33 AM

I have some toolbars in my drop down list under the view
menu in internet explorer. Not only do I not know where
they came from I want to get RID of them, but don't know
how. There are times when I click on one of my favorites
and it will start to come up then all of a sudden another
window takes its place and if I close it, I am closing my
internet explorer window. I can't go back and if I refresh
it just does it again. Is anybody else having this
problem? It is very frustrating when it won't let you go
where you want to. As a matter of fact I was just trying
to go to the knowledge database and couldn't get there.
The toolbars that I want to get rid of are:
thesearchmail.com bar and data inside. Please, please
help? I am running XP and have norton's systemworks. I
also have the yahoo companion and google. Thanks in
advance. Suzi

More about : toolbars wanted

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 4:48:10 AM

See www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm, Line 174, Left column, Remove Added IE Toolbar entries. This REG file will remove the added entries. Save it to your hard disk, double click the file you saved and answer Yes to the import prompt. Note: this is not a selective operation. ALL added (non-default) toolbars will be removed.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Suzi" <hnhpapergirl@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:79a301c476b3$c41af0e0$a301280a@phx.gbl...
>I have some toolbars in my drop down list under the view
> menu in internet explorer. Not only do I not know where
> they came from I want to get RID of them, but don't know
> how. There are times when I click on one of my favorites
> and it will start to come up then all of a sudden another
> window takes its place and if I close it, I am closing my
> internet explorer window. I can't go back and if I refresh
> it just does it again. Is anybody else having this
> problem? It is very frustrating when it won't let you go
> where you want to. As a matter of fact I was just trying
> to go to the knowledge database and couldn't get there.
> The toolbars that I want to get rid of are:
> thesearchmail.com bar and data inside. Please, please
> help? I am running XP and have norton's systemworks. I
> also have the yahoo companion and google. Thanks in
> advance. Suzi
Anonymous
July 31, 2004 4:48:11 AM

Thanks so very much. It worked like a charm. Now can is
there a fix for the porn windows that keep popping up out
of nowhere? I'll check out kellys site a little more.
Thanks again.

Smart Display
>Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>http://www.dougknox.com
>--------------------------------
>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm
>--------------------------------
>Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
>"Suzi" <hnhpapergirl@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>I have some ﷯toolbars﷯ in my drop down list under the view
>> menu in internet explorer. Not only do I not know where
>> they came from I want to get RID of them, but don't
know
>> how. There are times when I click on one of my
favorites
>> and it will start to come up then all of a sudden
another
>> window takes its place and if I close it, I am closing
my
>> internet explorer window. I can't go back and if I
refresh
>> it just does it again. Is anybody else having this
>> problem? It is very frustrating when it won't let you
go
>> where you want to. As a matter of fact I was just
trying
>> to go to the knowledge database and couldn't get there.
>> The ﷯toolbars﷯ that I want to get rid of are:
>> thesearchmail.com bar and data inside. Please, please
>> help? I am running XP and have norton's systemworks. I
>> also have the yahoo companion and google. Thanks in
>> advance. Suzi
>.

Anonymous
July 31, 2004 7:25:44 AM

You should check out programs like:

AdAware: www.lavasoftusa.com
SpyBot Search and Destroy: www.safer-networking.org

and other similar products for detecting and removing spyware/adware/scumware.

!