Sign in with
Your question

Asus ENGTX 570

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 16, 2011 1:46:45 AM

I’ve been running 3 monitors with my Sapphire Radeon rig, primarily for Cs5.5 applications.

Needing to upgrade to a faster build, I went with an INTEL CORE I7 990X 3.46G on an Asus Sabertooth X58.

Before selecting a graphics card, I contacted Asus to find out if the EnGTX 570 will support (3) monitors – Asus said yes.

Great build, except for one problem- can’t run more than (2) monitors at a time.

I have read that with Nvidia 3D Surround (Which this card supports) you can run (3) monitors.

I have also read that the only way to get more than (2) monitors with this card is to add a card in SLI.

Can anyone tell me if the 3D Surround option will work, and if so, where I can get the software?

Or – if SLI would be easier, can I add a different (cheaper) card, like an ENGTX550 in SLI? Would this combination slow or enhance graphics performance?

More about : asus engtx 570

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
August 16, 2011 2:50:46 AM

agapenet said:
I’ve been running 3 monitors with my Sapphire Radeon rig, primarily for Cs5.5 applications.

Needing to upgrade to a faster build, I went with an INTEL CORE I7 990X 3.46G on an Asus Sabertooth X58.

Before selecting a graphics card, I contacted Asus to find out if the EnGTX 570 will support (3) monitors – Asus said yes.

Great build, except for one problem- can’t run more than (2) monitors at a time.

I have read that with Nvidia 3D Surround (Which this card supports) you can run (3) monitors.

I have also read that the only way to get more than (2) monitors with this card is to add a card in SLI.

Can anyone tell me if the 3D Surround option will work, and if so, where I can get the software?

Or – if SLI would be easier, can I add a different (cheaper) card, like an ENGTX550 in SLI? Would this combination slow or enhance graphics performance?

everything you need to know about CF / SLI
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/245454-33-crossfire-f...
nVidia 3d vision surround sys req
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dv-system-requirements-su...
basically, you do need a second card to run 3 monitors, it doesn't need a software you can manage the displays through the forceware..... (don't know what it's called) but something like CCC in AMD cards.
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
August 16, 2011 2:51:53 AM

agapenet said:
can I add a different (cheaper) card, like an ENGTX550 in SLI? Would this combination slow or enhance graphics performance?

SLI / CF FAQ will answer that question, you could go for HD 6970 same performance with GTX 570 and can run up to 5 monitors
Related resources
August 17, 2011 11:57:36 PM

As the Fan Turns. . .
One Asus tech support agent said I had a “defective card.” The next support person said, “It won’t work with 3 monitors.” Remember – It was Asus tech Support that recommended this card in the first place!

Well – Looks like replacing this card with an HD 6970 may be the best option. Will probably go Asus again (Errrrrrgh), since their card claims to support up to 6 monitors directly.

Asus refuses to accept responsibility for their wrong information on the ENGTX 570, even though I have it in writing, and they told me to RMA through the egg. The egg has been great, but they don’t have any of the 6970 cards, and wont for weeks.

To be continued . . .
August 18, 2011 12:02:21 AM

ilysaml said:
SLI / CF FAQ will answer that question, you could go for HD 6970 same performance with GTX 570 and can run up to 5 monitors

Will all HD 6970 cards run more than (2) monitors at the same time?

Do you have a 6970 preference?

Do these things need Active display port adapters and Eyefinity to do the third monitor?

a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2011 12:02:33 AM

Nvidia 3D Surrounding works on a SLI setup supporting up to 3 monitors you can google that but you don't have to as i indicated that on the links i provided......
6970 will be a great choice but you will need a second one for CF in case of playing most recent games in such a high resolution
a b Î Nvidia
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b C Monitor
August 18, 2011 12:04:29 AM

agapenet said:
Will all HD 6970 cards run more than (2) monitors at the same time?

Do you have a 6970 preference?

Do these things need Active display port adapters and Eyefinity to do the third monitor?

6970 can run 5 monitors at a time, if you don't have a display port you need an active adapter (DP To DVI) and you should be fine if it's included with the card in the box :) 
!