Sign in with
Your question

CPU and Mobo suggestions

Last response: in Systems
October 15, 2011 12:35:09 AM

I am looking to build my first computer and I was looking for suggestions as to which cpu and mobo would be the best for me.

I am looking to spend no more than $400 if possible on a combination of the two. The computer will mostly be used for online gaming (such as WOW), and potentially for some video editing later on. I can get a brand new i5-2500k for about $180 from a local computer store and that seems like a really good deal but I've heard that most intel chips are harder to overclock where as an AMD chip is easier, I don't know if that is true, just what I've heard. I want a mobo that isn't going to be too difficult to set up initially as I'm not the most knowledgeable in this area. I would like a board that is set up for the next gen chip incase I upgrade in the future and one that will support crossfire or dual graphics cards. I hope this made some sense and thanks for your suggestions.

More about : cpu mobo suggestions

a b à CPUs
October 16, 2011 12:08:05 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Systems by Buwish
October 16, 2011 12:11:23 AM

cpu-i5 2500k
way better than anything amd has, and isn't terribly hard to oc
mobo-asrock z68 extreme3 gen3
supports usb 3.0, pci-e 3.0, and sli/cfx
!