EVGA card installed, now monitor display messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay-T

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
Hello all, I can use some help.

I installed the EVGA 560 TI card I got today, and my desktop booted up but shifted to the left such that I cannot see the start button. The only way to see the whole screen is to reduce the monitor resolution from native 1920x1200 down to 1024x768. Also, the fonts on my screen seem more blurry with and without resolution reduction. My monitor is an LG246WP with a very nice display and renders excellent colors. The old video card was a BFG 8800GTS G92 and that rendered very nice visuals with crisp fonts. The monitor has some buttons but the "position" submenu is grayed out.

Does anyone has any idea how I can fix this? The video card is very nice but the fonts and screen position are appalling. Please help.

Jay-T

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
edit to add: Nevermind, I found the answer. It's because my monitor uses an HDMI cable, so the Nvidia driver mistakenly thinks that it is connected to a tv display, hence the screen distortion and misalignment. This page details the fix. It involves some intermediate level registry editing but it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.