Status
Not open for further replies.

tdnewyork

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
I recently purchased an ASRock A75M-HVS with an AMD A4 3300. I expected to use the video from the APU of the CPU. After putting the computer together I could not get the video out to work when connecting the VGA to the Mobo's VGA out, so I tried an old Radeon HD5450 that I had and put that in the PCIE slot from which I was able to get video that way. Everything was working fine, but I wanted the video from the APU to work.
I went into the UEFI/BIOS and changed the advanced setting to have onboard video as the primary video out. Now I cannot get any video and I dont know what to do.
Is there any way to reset the UEFI/BIOS so it at least goes back to using the PCIE as the primary video out? If someone knows, can they walk me through that with only using the keyboard and not being able to see?
I am unable to use the computer now.
Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Update:
I was able to clear the CMOS by jumping it on the board to get the Radeon working again, but I still want to be able to get the APU video working...

jsanthara

Distinguished
May 17, 2011
Try removing the CMOS battery for 30 seconds. That usually resets the BIOS to default settings (in this case the default was PCIe for primary video), but I haven't tried it with UEFI. You should give it a shot though, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

As to why the on-die graphics aren't working in the first place, I'm really not sure, but reseting the BIOS to default settings should at least get you back up and running so you can try to get the onboard video working.

tdnewyork

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2010
Thanks. I was able to get back up by jumping the CMOS with the little pin thing. I then was able to update the BIOS to 1.60 and I have GLORIOUS onboard video working. Oh happy day.
Thank you for the quick replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.