I want a motherboard without a built in processor

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
i need a new processor.the one i have is built in to motherboard.can someone tell me how to choose a motherboard .i dont want one wit a bilt in processor.

Solution
In most laptops, even when the CPU is in a socket, the BIOS' CPU support rarely extends to anything really worth upgrading to.

Since yours is soldered on the board, your simplest, safest and possibly cheapest option is to get a new laptop.
Is this on a laptop or a netbook? Would it be possible for you to give us a little more information on your current system?

Today it is very rare that a desktop will use a processor that is soldered onto the board. When it comes to desktop boards you should be able to check the board to ensure that it doesn't have a processor build into it. ASRock, Asus. Gigabyte, Intel, MSI and few others all make boards that don't processors build into the board.

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

ok i have a toshiba l355-s7905 wit intel celeron built in the mother board,?.

There are lots of good boards from many manufacturers. You need to decide if you want to go AMD or Intel, depending mostly on your budget. You may be able to use parts from the system you have now, but you may also end up buying more than a motherboard and cpu, you may need memory too at least. Let us know your budget and your system specs and what you plan to do with your rig.

Is it a laptop? If so, you won't be able to upgrade the processor or motherboard (most likely).

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

ok.i have a toshiba l355.i have upgrade it.i have a 1 terabite sata hrdrv ,4 giga 4 of ram.running on intel celeron processor, win 7 pro.why cant i get a new motherboard . ive seen a few.i just dont knw to choose.

most laptop mb are build for that case form factor. if your lucky a newer or higher end model toshiba laptop mb may fit in your case. there are vendors that do sell laptop kits..the case and the mb. you can google custom laptops if you still want to go that route. myself i would switch over to a desktop.

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

thank you,verry much

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

thank you very much

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

i like to mobility

InvalidError

Titan
In most laptops, even when the CPU is in a socket, the BIOS' CPU support rarely extends to anything really worth upgrading to.

Since yours is soldered on the board, your simplest, safest and possibly cheapest option is to get a new laptop.

Solution

ivanda2nd

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012

upgrading the bios helped