Problem removing the screws on a GTX 480

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
I simply cannot remove the screws on my gtx480. Out the 15 or so screws I am able to remove 2 of them. I have the current fit screwdriver ( #0 philips head), but I cant remove the rest of the screws no matter how hard I try. The other issue is that I dont want to keep trying for fear of stripping the screws. I was thinking of just drilling them out but I'm a bit scared putting a black and decker on a $300+ card.

I was thinking of buying this mini powered drill at a local store.
http://www.amazon.com/General-Tools-500-Precision-Screwdriver/dp/B002XZLTQO

Any other ideas would be great. Thanks in advance aswell!!

Solution
Well in that case, that mini-drill is the best option ATM. It can come in handy in more than one case anyway (just don't put it in your nostril or ear if it looks tempting; it won't turn out well).

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009

Believe me i've watched that. I have no idea how he removed the screws so easily. The weird thing is, 2 of the screws i removed with such ease, but the rest... not so easy.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Well in that case, that mini-drill is the best option ATM. It can come in handy in more than one case anyway (just don't put it in your nostril or ear if it looks tempting; it won't turn out well).

Solution

impaledmango

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2009
So here's a bit of an update. I ordered the screw driver (Only 1) and I received 5 screwdrivers for the price of one :eek:. Unfortunatley I was still unable to remove all of the screws and by this point most of them were stripped. So i bought a stripped screw remover kit and had to drill about 7 screws out, but I finally installed the fan and damn is it good! Only lowest fan speed my gtx 480 idles at 39 and loads at 65!!! All I need to do now is overclock this puppy.