Tower fans run but no post

scott24

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
hey there people , im new,ill get to the point. upon start up ,the tower fans run and so on.. leds , but , no post. i switched the PSU off for a little while ,then switched it back on,booted it and i get a normal post . ive done this a few times in the past 2 weeks. any thoughts ? rosewill rx750-s-b PSU.

totalknowledge

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
Make sure that all of your components are seated correctly. Start with the bear minimum to run the pc, which is probably 1 stick of ram and the cpu. I recently had a heck of a time getting a new board to post, and it was an issue with just a few of the pins being slightly bent on the cpu which was causing it to not post.

Could also be a short. Check to make sure that the board is properly lifted from the case, and that there is no motherboard to case contact other than the mount points.

heero yuy

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2010
i dont know if this is helpful but my main box had a problem where it would turn on the lights would go on and the fans would just run at max constantly nothing else happening

it turned out to be the cpu that had died (but i ent and brought a motherboard cause i got no beeps makign me think it was the mobo >.<)