Laptop Upgrade

awesomer417

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012
I am looking to upgrade my Toshiba Satellite l455-s5975 which has a gl40 chipset motherboard (stock). I am looking to put ah hm55 laptop motherboard which comes with the satellite l505 laptops. I want to put an i5 in it, and I was wondering if the motherboard with hm55 will fit in my laptop, and what further upgrades I need to be able to play mid level games and record them for youtube (maybe). What should I do to upgrade my graphics? I have already upgraded ram to 4gb.

Thanks in advance!

awesomer417

Honorable
Apr 9, 2012

My laptop isnt working because I tried to wipe the HDD and I need a recovery disk (ordering soon), but I thought it'd be cheaper than building a $700 pc build like I was before :) just a thought because I saw many other people have done this before. Thanks!

I've been building desktop pc's for twenty years, but my try at replacing a laptop board failed. The connections are small and it's a tight fit. I don't recommend it. Leave it to a shop that guarantees it's work. With black friday coming up in the usa, laptops will be dirt cheap, starting at around $199 at walmart.