Closed Solved

Which GTX 460 should I get?

I am stuck between these two cards:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130570
and
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130565

also this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121391

Now I have heard that the top link, the one with the fan in the middle of the card, has had some issues with Windows vista and 7, like getting stuck at welcome screen, or games get lagged very bad, or getting BSOD very often.

That card has 4 eggs, due to all the crashes.


-The second card, the one with fan on the end of the card, has 5 eggs, but I am not sure if that card runs cooler, nor quieter.
I see also this card has 48% buy rate, and the top card has 28% buy rate.

The Asus, the third link i heard doesn't heat or isn't as loud.


I just need my mind made up for me, please which card should I get, I am slightly closer the the second card, but I am not sure if that fan can work as well as the other.

Please don't recommend me other cards, or SLI, because I cannot.


Thank you very much,
sorry for long essay.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about which
  1. Best answer
    I don't know anything about the first two, but I just got the ASUS last week, and it's running beautifully. It's able to run most of my games very smoothly on at least high even with my Q6600 Processor and 4GB of RAM. Cooling is excellent with the fan and it runs surprisingly quietly.
  2. Quote:
    I don't know anything about the first two, but I just got the ASUS last week, and it's running beautifully. It's able to run most of my games very smoothly on at least high even with my Q6600 Processor and 4GB of RAM. Cooling is excellent with the fan and it runs surprisingly quietly.



    AH YES, thanks very much, I asked this question another place, and everybody said that the ASUS is much much cooler and quieter. Thanks.

    And please, what FPS do you get in some games?
    And also, (important), did you have two 6 pins from PSU, or did you use the molex convertor for one of the ports?
  3. Aregvan said:
    AH YES, thanks very much, I asked this question another place, and everybody said that the ASUS is much much cooler and quieter. Thanks.

    And please, what FPS do you get in some games?
    And also, (important), did you have two 6 pins from PSU, or did you use the molex convertor for one of the ports?

    Since Crysis is such a benchmark, I had all High with 1600x900, and had an FPS floating around 50, which I think is amazing.
    With most games I am getting 40-60 FPS.
    And I had my two pins from the PSU, so I didn't need the converter.
  4. Quote:
    Since Crysis is such a benchmark, I had all High with 1600x900, and had an FPS floating around 50, which I think is amazing.
    With most games I am getting 40-60 FPS.
    And I had my two pins from the PSU, so I didn't need the converter.



    Thanks again sir.

    really 50 fps with crysis, all high? WOW that's...that's... WOW!!!

    well you did say you had q6600

    Okay then thanks for all the help
  5. Best answer selected by Aregvan.
  6. ASUS definatley, better cooling on it than the others
  7. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product