Sign in with
Your question

P5N-T Deluxe - moving RAID array to another mobo?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2012 2:27:20 AM

Hi,

My motherboard failed some months ago, and I've bought a new one (Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR). I've also bought a Crucial SSD.

The problem was that I had my hard drives set up in RAID0 arrays. As far as I have been able to determine, I used the hardware RAID option.

What I didn't realise when I set the arrays up, was that hardware arrays don't travel from mobo to mobo. (If this is incorrect, please let me know). I tried to simply connect my drives to the new mobo and boot up, but it failed to recognise the arrays.

So, I've tried RAID Reconstructor with GetDataBack for NTFS, and I can see the files. But looking at photos and videos etc, they are almost all corrupt. Some worse than others.

Could this be incorrect settings in either program?

Should I try to get hold of another P5N-T Deluxe and plug the drives into it, or should I try to tinker with the settings in the recovery programs? Or is there another option I haven't thought of?

I really appreciate anyone's help with this, as I would love to get all the data back.

Thanks in advance.
November 23, 2012 10:29:56 PM

Anyone got any idea? Does anyone know whether I should be able to boot off my RAID0 array when it's plugged into another mobo?

I've tried to use the RAID option in the BIOS (options are IDE, RAID and ACHI). There is also an option on this mobo to put 'SATA port0-3 native mode'.

Should I put this question on the storage forum instead?
m
l
!