When did Seaman become "rare" ?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

A few months back I went on ebay and saw all kinds of auctions for Seaman
ending for less than 7.00. I held off buying one because I couldn't find my
dreamcast. I finally found it but I can't find any games or hookups for it. i
figured I'd buy seaman and give her a go but now suddenly the game is 15-20
bucks used on ebay.

I'll be honest, the reason I keep the DC around is because games are so cheap
and I dont have a need for the flashiest bestest graphical game ever. hell, I
dont even know if my DC WORKS anymore.

Mike

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

MikeCouil wrote:

> A few months back I went on ebay and saw all kinds of auctions for Seaman
> ending for less than 7.00. I held off buying one because I couldn't find my
> dreamcast. I finally found it but I can't find any games or hookups for it. i
> figured I'd buy seaman and give her a go but now suddenly the game is 15-20
> bucks used on ebay.
>
> I'll be honest, the reason I keep the DC around is because games are so cheap
> and I dont have a need for the flashiest bestest graphical game ever. hell, I
> dont even know if my DC WORKS anymore.

My guess wold be that Seaman is commanding a little bit more because it
requires a hardware peripheral (the microphone) that none of the brick
and mortar sellers that happily sell totally caseless games keep with
it, and many who buy games in cases may be being sold the CD case and
game, not the cardboard box with the mic in it. Those sellers may in
fact not even be buying mics, meaning one of the supply chains for the
game is broken.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 14:45:19 GMT, Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:

>MikeCouil wrote:
>>
>> A few months back I went on ebay and saw all kinds of auctions for Seaman
>> ending for less than 7.00. I held off buying one because I couldn't find my
>> dreamcast. I finally found it but I can't find any games or hookups for it. i
>> figured I'd buy seaman and give her a go but now suddenly the game is 15-20
>> bucks used on ebay.
>>
>> I'll be honest, the reason I keep the DC around is because games are so cheap
>> and I dont have a need for the flashiest bestest graphical game ever. hell, I
>> dont even know if my DC WORKS anymore.
>
>My guess wold be that Seaman is commanding a little bit more because it
>requires a hardware peripheral (the microphone) that none of the brick
>and mortar sellers that happily sell totally caseless games keep with
>it, and many who buy games in cases may be being sold the CD case and
>game, not the cardboard box with the mic in it. Those sellers may in
>fact not even be buying mics, meaning one of the supply chains for the
>game is broken.

funy thing is that there was one store around here than a dozen or
more mics and they, literally, said "that the hell is this?". strange
looking devices, no doubt. my mic came with a brand new copy of alien
front online (?) for $5. i've seen seaman in local stores for $3 w/ no
mic.never picked it up, though. something about the name, i guess....

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Recently there was a picture going around about some newly discovered fish
deep in the ocean, who had a human face. I swear to you the picture looked
exactly like a doctored picture of Seaman. His head is tilted down, and the
picture is fuzzy and grainy, but it is definitely Seaman. I think someone is
pulling a prank.

Here is the link:
http://www.local6.com/news/4112928/detail.html