Jason

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2003

Hi, i'm trying to build a system with windows XP Pro, that
will have my films & music on it, the system is going to
be connected to a TV instead of a monitor, and i have an
Infra-Red adaptor, which i would like to use to control
the system via a remote, instead of having a big keyboard
(similar to win XP Media Center Edition.

Is there a way i can do this, or would i have to spend
more money on Media edition, and if so, does it come with
a remote?

Jason wrote:
> Hi, i'm trying to build a system with windows XP Pro, that
> will have my films & music on it, the system is going to
> be connected to a TV instead of a monitor, and i have an
> Infra-Red adaptor, which i would like to use to control
> the system via a remote, instead of having a big keyboard
> (similar to win XP Media Center Edition.
>
> Is there a way i can do this, or would i have to spend
> more money on Media edition, and if so, does it come with
> a remote?

Not sure whether this is possible to accomplish with an IR remote?

The XP Media Center Edtion is only available when pre-installed on a media
Center PC from specific manufacturers. It cannot be purchased as a
standalone OS. It does include a remote control and wireless microphone.

Windows XP Media Center Edition 2004: Frequently Asked Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/mediacenter/evaluation/faq.mspx#XSLTfaqSection126125121120120

--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP