CPU hardware tester?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinerthetech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I am working at a refurbishing shop, and have a massive box of processors, varying sockets (amd and intel).

Is there a hardware CPU tester out there? Similar to a 'Ramcheck LX,' Would like different adapters to test different sockets. It's difficult to determine if it's a bad MB or CPU without a known working replacement.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Solution
there is a dead cpu test. where you plug it in and if the monitor jumps into standby the cpu is dead... but you need a fully working pc to start with b4 you can test a cpu on its socket. meaning you will have to have upwards of 10 working pc's to test the most prolific cpu's
there is a dead cpu test. where you plug it in and if the monitor jumps into standby the cpu is dead... but you need a fully working pc to start with b4 you can test a cpu on its socket. meaning you will have to have upwards of 10 working pc's to test the most prolific cpu's

Solution

shinerthetech

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
Yea thats the problem I have. Cant determine MB's and CPU's from good and bad. Finally got a couple 775's working so i can atleast test those. Never heard of that monitor test before... Learn something new every day!

Status
Not open for further replies.