HELP! Nvidia driver black screen (no input) after login

marywassem

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hello community :) Just joined the site and hope you guys can help me solve my problem!

Yesterday, i took my system to a friends house. Everything was fine before that. When i got there we set everything up accordingly and booted it up. It booted up perfect until after the login screen. I logged in and it shows me the welcome screen, and then all of a sudden my monitor loses input and screen turns black. After about 20 seconds, it restarts itself to the same problem. I am pretty sure this is caused by the drivers because i can boot into safe mode (where it doesn't load the nvidia driver) fine and when i uninstall them (via device manager and driver sweeper) i can boot into normal mode. I have tried all the solutions i could find on the web. Nothing has worked for me. I do have an hdtv, which was set on duplicate mode (hdtv as primary) before i shut it down and unplugged everything and took it. I thought this was the problem, but even after plugging in the hdtv there was no change. I've tried installing older drivers. I've tried accessing it remotely from another computer.
PLEASE HELP!

system specs:
windows 7 home premium x64
Intel i5 2500k
evga 560ti
asus p8p67 pro
thermalright archon heat sink
haf 932
corsair vengeance 8gb ram (4gb x 2)
seasonic x-series 750w psu
24 inch 1080p monitor (connected dvi) / 55 inch 1080p hdtv (connected hdmi)

Thank you so much for going out of your way to read my problem.

If you need more info, feel free to ask

(P.S. I am not sure if this topic has been opened before. If so, i apologize. None of the usual solutions have worked for me)

Odie_dk

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011

I saw the same symptoms; long story short, one of my RAM sticks was the problem.
Without that everything was fine, with that stick, by itself or with the other 3, black
screen. Ended up with 4 new sticks, also fine.

Odie_dk

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2011
I saw the same symptoms; long story short, one of my RAM sticks was the problem.
Without that everything was fine, with that stick, by itself or with the other 3, black
screen. Ended up with 4 new sticks, also fine.