Check out my build, please

I want experienced builders to help me balance the build out (e.g. point out if there's too much RAM or too weak GPU). I wouldn't like the price to rise much.

CPU - Core i5 2500k
GPU - GTX 460
MOBO - P8P67-M (I don't want SLI or Crossfire)
RAM - KHX1600C9D3K2/8GX
HDD - WD CB 500 16 SIII
PSU - Chieftec BPS 550C (not many alternatives localy)
CASE - Zalman Z9 Plus
FAN - CM Hyper 212 Plus

P.S.: I'm gonna play games, do video editing, CADing, Photoshopping and WinRARing.
8 answers Last reply
More about check build please
  1. For video and photoshop you will be better off with a Z68 motherboard . That will let you use the cpu's quick sync features

no idea what your RAM is but it looks like 1600MHz 2 x4 gig which should be fine if its 1.5 volt or less

The chieftec psu might be local but its also rubbish .
  2. Thanks for the reply, Outlander.

Anyone else? :o Geez!
  3. Is Chieftec BPS-550C really that bad?
  4. phreek said:
    Is Chieftec BPS-550C really that bad?

Yes, never skimp on the psu. It is the wisest investment to make. Remember when a psu goes bad,it has a nasty habit of taking other components out with it. Look for one from a reputable brand such as Antec, Corsair, Seasonic, Silverstone XFX etc......... Make sure that it has a minimum of an 80+ efficiency and active pfc.
  5. I have 2 alternatives locally: Chieftec BPS-550C and FSP Everest (and Epsilon) 600. Both have been reviewed and recommended by Tom's Hardware...
    Chieftec
    FSP
    (different wattages though)
  6. why not order online? (just out of curiosity)
  7. When I wrote ''locally'' I meant in my country. Ordering from abroad would almost double the price. Both PSUs I mentioned cost here (Ukraine) about $100.

Currently I have this in mind. Price went way up :s

CPU - Core i5 2500k
    GPU - Radeon 6950
    MOBO - P8P67 or P8Z68-V
    RAM - Mushkin 997005 (2x4 1600 1.5v)
    HDD - WD CB 500gb 16 SIII
    PSU - Chieftec BPS 550C (FSP Everest 600w)
    CASE - Zalman Z9 Plus
    FAN - CM Hyper 212 Plus

I dunno if I *need* Quick Sync, and I'm also unsure whether to buy gtx 460 or 6950. Currently I have 1440x900 resolution, planning to upgrade to 1900 later... maybe... The most demanding game I play (GPU wise) is STALKER COP, and I'd like to stably run it at 60 fps on a 1440x900 (and hopefully 1900x1080) monitor.
  8. I have Antec High Current Gamer 750 and Antec TruePower Quattro 850 available in local shops. Isn't it an overkill to buy such a PSU for my build?
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product