Intel G620 vs Intel Core 2 Duo E6700? And problem with Geforce 560 Ti

kyle_blackops

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
Hey guys,
Can anyone help me?
I have two questions:
1: is Intel G620 better or E6700?
2: i am facing a major frame shutter on my system...my pc specs are as following

CPU: Intel G620
Mobo: Asus P8H61-M LX
RAM: 4 GB 1333Mhz (Running @ 1066Mhz cos of CPU)
Graphic Card: EVGA Geforce 560 Ti
Dual PSU: 350w + 365w

Im having this problem on most of new games and some old games like:
Battlefield 3
Batman Arkham City
The Sims 3
GTA IV
all of thes games give 30-48fps. they run realy smooth but after every 5 or less seconds, i got a huge frame drop to 18 or 12 or maybe less for a second or more, but after goes back to 40+ fps....

but some old games work flawlessly giving a stable 60fps
Call of duty modern warfare 2
and some other games i dnt rem for now...
so whats the problem over here?
is the CPU too small?is it because of the mobo low end?is it not enough power(given a dedicated branded clean power 365w+)?
i have tried following drivers pack(along with their Physx updates)
Forceware 275,285 and 290(beta)...but still not helping....
any idead or suggestion?
please help me,its getting really anyoing... :(

The change from the Intel® Core™ 2 Duo microarchitecture to the 1st generation Intel Core processors would general yield somewhere around 15% to 20% performance improvement at the same clock speed. The move from the 1st generation Intel Core processors to the 2nd generation Intel Core processors should yield an additional 10% to 15% improvement. In the end the Intel Pentium® G620 should outperform the Intel Core 2 Duo E6700 by up to 25% in a number of applications.

I dont know the answer on the shuttering.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

kyle_blackops

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
hmmm thats what i thought about the CPU,
can you tell me does low end mobo makes ny difference to graphic cards?
by low end i mean low end chipset
mine is H61
does H67 has better perfomance or just has more slots and ports stuff.....

The only real area that a motherboard might make on the graphics that I would think of would be if it was an older PCI-e 1.0 board that was limiting the bandwidth on the card.

To understand the differences between the H61 and the H67 chipsets take a look at comparisons. http://ark.intel.com/compare/51856,50098,52807,52806

In the end the big difference is going to be USB ports, PCI legacy support, and SATA III support.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Dual PSU: 350w + 365w
and
is it not enough power(given a dedicated branded clean power 365w+)?
what does this mean?
if you're running most of your system (cpu+mobo+gfx card) off either psu, it will not be enough.
get a single, better psu like seasonic, corsair builder cx 500 v2 or antec earthwatts green 500w or neo eco. check the power supplies section. for better info on psus.

kyle_blackops

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2011
it means i am using my whole system with one psu of 350w and a secondary psu for graphic of 365w. i have been using this method for quite a long tim on a more power hungry system(my old pc and graphic card) and it was working fine. anyways i have also checked this sstem with a single 630w psu by Xeon. still didnt solve the issue.... :(

Chad Boga

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009

You don't by any chance have some software running that is designed to protect you from the evils of the internet, which means everything works through it?

I'm not talking about anti-virus, but Norton's have a garbage product that messes with one's system, so something more like that.

EDIT: Is your ram a single stick or two x 2gig?