Need advice on $2000 gaming PC

Hi guys,

I've done some research and I have a basic idea about my next rig. The plan is:
1. Build the basic rig (details below) and start using it.
2. Invest in good watercooling system and start overclocking in couple of months.
3. Buy second GPU and go SLI.

I have couple questions that I'd like some help with.
____________

Approximate Purchase Date: next 2 weeks

Budget Range: around $2000/£1300

System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies

Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any available in UK

Country of Origin: UK

Parts Preferences: I usually avoid cheap brands

Overclocking: In future

SLI or Crossfire: In future

Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

Additional Comments: none

________________

Here is the list of parts I have already selected:
CPU - i5-2500k
MB - GA-Z68XP-UD3
GPU - EVGA 015-P3-1580-KR GeForce GTX 580 772MHz 1536MB
RAM - G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB
PSU - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W
SSD - Crucial CT128M4Solid State Drive2 128GB M4
HHD - SEAGATE 2TB 7.2RPM 3.5 6G/B SATA 64MB BARRACUDA XT 7200.12
OS - Win7 Home Premium

I would really appreciate some advice on case (full tower I guess) and cooling.

On top of that I have few questions:

1. Everywhere I go on this forum everybody suggests ASRock Z68 Extreme3/4 mobos.

Firstly I've had really good experience with Gigabyte.
Secondly I don't like ASRock rather short warranty and also people complain about the customer service they are getting.
Thirdly I'm not sure if I understand the urge of getting PCI-E 3.0 as there are no GPUs nor games that actually can use that in the moment.

2. As I mentioned above the plan is to start overclocking (both CPU and GPU) when I get a good quality watercooling system but it seems that CPU-ocing is doable with a good CPU fan. Is it worth it or should I just wait for WC?

3. I'm going for basic 580 in the beginning before I start OCing. I don't expect any performance issues do I?

4. Any other comments or suggestions about the selected parts?

I really appreciate your help.

Regards.
Rubens
21 answers Last reply
More about need advice 2000 gaming
  1. 1) If you feel this way stick with Gigabyte. ASRock boards are just more "future proof" and building now with one means you possibly wont need a motherboard upgrade for a good while longer than you would if you got the Gigabyte board.

    2) Overclocking on an i5-2500k with air cooling is highly recommended. Even budget coolers and reach an easy 4.5GHz (almost 40% better performance) for under £25. Hyper 212+ or the newer version (Hyper EVO) are popular choices.

    3) Just keep an eye on temperatures.

    4) Case idea's - If your looking to water-cool then yes, a full tower case is highly recommended. Corsair 800D is a good choice - comes at a price, but supports some great water-cooling options, especially if your going to be considering CPU and GPU cooling options.
  2. Asrock is or was owned by Asus hence the poor customer service . although I have always bought Asus motherboards. The processors now will overclock really well on air , it's only when you want to take it really high that you could go to water cooling. Zalman just introduced a new cpu heatsink/fan that should be very good for overclocking;
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Zalman-CNPS12X-CPU-Cooler,13699.html

    Depending on your budget and what you would have available for a video card Evga just released the GTX 580 Classified and this thing is ment for overclocking;
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1588-AR&family=GeForce 500 Series Family&sw=

    As for a case the link I am giving you is for you to see it and you will have to look where you live to find it;
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
  3. inzone said:
    Asrock is or was owned by Asus hence the poor customer service . although I have always bought Asus motherboards. The processors now will overclock really well on air , it's only when you want to take it really high that you could go to water cooling. Zalman just introduced a new cpu heatsink/fan that should be very good for overclocking;
    http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Zalman-CNPS12X-CPU-Cooler,13699.html

    Depending on your budget and what you would have available for a video card Evga just released the GTX 580 Classified and this thing is ment for overclocking;
    http://www.evga.com/products/moreInfo.asp?pn=03G-P3-1588-AR&family=GeForce 500 Series Family&sw=

    As for a case the link I am giving you is for you to see it and you will have to look where you live to find it;
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119160
    or
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225


    Oooo that Zalman cooler looks pretty nice. How does it compare to the Noctua?
  4. Here's a list of UK suppliers all worth checking out for cheapest prices:

    www.SCAN.co.uk - Today Only Deals especially
    www.OVERCLOCKERS.co.uk
    www.ARIA.co.uk
    www.AMAZON.co.uk
    www.EBUYER.co.uk
    www.NovaTech.co.uk
    www.DABS.co.uk
  5. 1. Asrock was spun off by Asus to compete in the cheaper OEM market segment..... this originally meant less service and lower quality components. Asrock has since been sold by Asus and has made substantial progress upgrading their components in order to "shed" their "cheap" moniker. However, Tech Support and warranty lag well behind the established brands. As for the future proof, GEN3 and even Z68 are by no means going to curtail your plans over the next 3 years or so but Asus GEN 3 boards go on sale Monday

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790

    2. Water cooling won't help ya w/ Sandy Bridge. The CPUs are just too damn efficient to need WC. The SB CPU just don't go much beyond 4.8 - 5.1 GHz in every day usage and taht's easily done on an air cooler

    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=674&Itemid=62&limit=1&limitstart=5

    Quote:
    It's almost ironic that coolers like this are becoming available just as processors transition to designs that may ultimately render them unnecessary; even overclocked to 5GHz, an Intel Sandy Bridge 2600K doesn't need anywhere near this level of cooling.


    3. Consider the factory OC'd versions which come with a bit better coolers.

    Case / CPU Combos

    Case - $ 290 - Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133192
    Case Fan - $ 12 - Thermaltake Blue120 mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835106149
    PSU - $ 260 - Corsair AX1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case - $ 155 - Antec DF-85 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129087
    Case Fan - $ 15 - Antec Red 120 mm http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835209013
    PSU - $ 150 - Antec CP-1000 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371036
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Case - $ 180 - CM HAF-X http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119225
    PSU - $ 150 - Antec CP-1000 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817371036
    PSU - $ 260 - Corsair AX1200 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139014


    MoBo / CPU / Cooler / TIM

    MoBo - $ 220 - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790
    CPU - $ 205 - Intel Core i5-2500K http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115072
    Cooler - $ 83 - Thermalright Silver Arrow http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11676/cpu-tri-77/Thermalright_Silver_Arrow_Dual_160mm_x_140mm_Fan_Universal_CPU_Cooler_Sockets_775_1156_1366_AM2_AM2_AM3.html
    TIM - $ 5 - Shin Etsu http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835150080


    RAM

    Corsair Vengeance 2 x 4GB

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233199
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233202
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145324
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233196
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233186

    HD / SSD

    If not the 3TB XT, then take the TB

    For the SSD ...start at the top here:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-nand-reliability,3021-6.html

    GFX - Consider that twin 560 Ti's factory OC'd to 900 MHz will get ya 90% of the performance of twin reference 580. Review sites (a shas been my experience) seem to have no issue getting a further 11% boost up to over 1000Mhz ..... and you're into ya pocket for $410 US at that point. The EVGA 580 Classified will get ya 4-6 % over the reference 580's performance for $1200 .... Outta the box, the EVGA Classifieds should give ya about 16% more performance than the 900 Mhz 560's for about 3 times the price. Your the only person who can decide whether that's worth the investment. Think about it .... losing the Superbowl 35 to 30 means the other team only won by 16% :)

    http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=801&Itemid=72&limit=1&limitstart=12

    The 570 is another choice but at 873 fps versus 862 fps for the 900 MHz 560 (Guru3D test Suite), it doesn't seem to have a niche at this point. Here w/ each at max possible stable OC, the 560 actually beat the 570 by a couple of frames when ya add up the games in the test suite

    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/nvidia_asus_gtx560ti/5.htm
    http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/asus_gtx570_review/5.htm
  6. you may want to get a gtx570 instead, cause it's $200 cheaper, and gets almost the same performance as the 580, and can sometimes out perform it if oc'ed
  7. Rubens said:
    Hi guys,

    I've done some research and I have a basic idea about my next rig. The plan is:
    1. Build the basic rig (details below) and start using it.
    2. Invest in good watercooling system and start overclocking in couple of months.
    3. Buy second GPU and go SLI.

    I have couple questions that I'd like some help with.
    ____________

    Approximate Purchase Date: next 2 weeks

    Budget Range: around $2000/£1300

    System Usage from Most to Least Important: gaming, movies

    Parts Not Required: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers

    Preferred Website(s) for Parts: any available in UK

    Country of Origin: UK

    Parts Preferences: I usually avoid cheap brands

    Overclocking: In future

    SLI or Crossfire: In future

    Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080

    Additional Comments: none

    ________________

    Here is the list of parts I have already selected:
    CPU - i5-2500k
    MB - GA-Z68XP-UD3
    GPU - EVGA 015-P3-1580-KR GeForce GTX 580 772MHz 1536MB
    RAM - G-Skill 8GBXL Ripjaws X DDR3 PC12800 1600MHz 8GB
    PSU - CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1000W
    SSD - Crucial CT128M4Solid State Drive2 128GB M4
    HHD - SEAGATE 2TB 7.2RPM 3.5 6G/B SATA 64MB BARRACUDA XT 7200.12
    OS - Win7 Home Premium

    I would really appreciate some advice on case (full tower I guess) and cooling.

    On top of that I have few questions:

    1. Everywhere I go on this forum everybody suggests ASRock Z68 Extreme3/4 mobos.

    Firstly I've had really good experience with Gigabyte.
    Secondly I don't like ASRock rather short warranty and also people complain about the customer service they are getting.
    Thirdly I'm not sure if I understand the urge of getting PCI-E 3.0 as there are no GPUs nor games that actually can use that in the moment.

    2. As I mentioned above the plan is to start overclocking (both CPU and GPU) when I get a good quality watercooling system but it seems that CPU-ocing is doable with a good CPU fan. Is it worth it or should I just wait for WC?

    3. I'm going for basic 580 in the beginning before I start OCing. I don't expect any performance issues do I?

    4. Any other comments or suggestions about the selected parts?

    I really appreciate your help.

    Regards.
    Rubens

    http://www.asrock.com/mb/index.asp?s=1155 <----- the boards on that link that say Gen3

    http://www.asrock.com/microsite/PCIe3/ <----- PCI-E 3.0, Ivy Bridge, and the new generation vid cards

    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/motherboards/intel1155z68chipsetmotherboards/?m=231, <----- those boards in the UK w/free shipping

    http://www.scan.co.uk/products/1000w-psu-ocz-technology-zx-series-zx1000w-un-modular-92-eff-80-plus-gold-sli-crossfire-eps-12v-quie £145.32 Inc VAT
    OCZ ZX Series 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power Supply (PSU)
  8. FRACTAL DESIGN ARC FOR A CASE IN MY OPTION MATE http://www.ebuyer.com/276197-fractal-design-arc-case-fd-ca-arc-bl
  9. X1 Intel Core i5 2500K £171.76
    X2 Gigabyte GTX 570 OC Windforce3X 1280MB GDDR5 £555.96
    X1 Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator £65.85
    X1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 £164.34
    X1 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W Modular PSU £119.68
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X1 G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL7 (7-8-7-24) 1.6V £89.89



    I WOULD GO FOR ALL OF THIS FROM EBUYER.COM
    TOTAL£1333.43
  10. markuk1 said:
    X1 Intel Core i5 2500K £171.76
    X2 Gigabyte GTX 570 OC Windforce3X 1280MB GDDR5 £555.96
    X1 Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator £65.85
    X1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 £164.34
    X1 Coolermaster Silent Pro 1000W Modular PSU £119.68
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X1 G-Skill 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600MHz RipjawsX Memory Kit CL7 (7-8-7-24) 1.6V £89.89



    I WOULD GO FOR ALL OF THIS FROM EBUYER.COM
    TOTAL£1333.43

    850w psu for dual 570's, these socket 1155 boards require low voltage RAM (1.5v or less), and not that old school 1.65v RAM that causes havoc with the controllers on these 1155 boards, and there's a reason that CM psu is so in expensive. Google some reviews on it.
  11. X1 Intel Core i5 2500K £171.76
    X2 Gigabyte GTX 570 OC Windforce3X 1280MB GDDR5 £555.96
    X1 Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator £65.85
    X1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 £164.34
    X1 Corsair 850W HX Modular PSU £125.45
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X2 G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £50.12

    new total: £1299.43

    fare enough how about this rig. I was originally going to use the 850w psu but thought people like yourself [no offence] would moan about too little power lol!
  12. markuk1 said:
    X1 Intel Core i5 2500K £171.76
    X2 Gigabyte GTX 570 OC Windforce3X 1280MB GDDR5 £555.96
    X1 Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator £65.85
    X1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 £164.34
    X1 Corsair 850W HX Modular PSU £125.45
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X2 G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £50.12

    new total: £1299.43

    fare enough how about this rig. I was originally going to use the 850w psu but thought people like yourself [no offence] would moan about too little power lol!

    Nice. Also you can save a few quid with this modular psu down below.

    http://www.ebuyer.com/279546-corsair-txm-850w-modular-psu-cp-9020004-uk £108.46 inc. vat
    Corsair TXM 850W Modular PSU
  13. You can save a few more quid with these cooler down below. It's new on the market and it's gotten great reviews across the net. It's set up to add another fan to it for a "push - pull" effect.

    http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/cooling/cpucoolers/hyper612s.html £35.99 inc vat
    Coolermaster Hyper 612S CPU Cooler
  14. yea i would go with that psu but not sure a bout the cooler i doesn't even compare to the noctua and it shouldn't at nearly half the price the d14 is a real competator to a high end water cooling system in some cases its better competitor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYIgELM5NdI [coolermaster review]

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHRPJfZ5Y8 [noctua d14 review]
  15. The corsair power supplies are generally a better quality. I'd go with a Corsair, because that is one of the most important components of your system. I also agree with ditching the 1.65 RAM. If the GTX 570 sli is heavy on the budget, you can add one a little later instead. I have an Asus P8Z68v board and some of those big CPU coolers block the RAM slots. Most of them just don't sit high enough to clear the RAM, especially the RAM with the high heat sinks. So if your board is anything like mine, you might want to look out for that. That's why I didn't get a Noctua.
  16. markuk1 said:
    yea i would go with that psu but not sure a bout the cooler i doesn't even compare to the noctua and it shouldn't at nearly half the price the d14 is a real competator to a high end water cooling system in some cases its better competitor

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYIgELM5NdI [coolermaster review]

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKHRPJfZ5Y8 [noctua d14 review]

    You not going to see anymore FPS @ 4.4Ghz vs 5.0Ghz with these Sandy Bridge cpu's.
  17. well if its only for gaming then i wouldn't even go sandy bridge i would go am3+ and use one of there new bulldozer cpus or else just use an x4 955be and overclock it if the aa and setting are all maxed out a'1920x1080 or even higher res you will see no extra performance gain from the i5 and he could save a few extra quid and get the gtx 580s he wanted witch would yield a good performance gain with a good overclock


    X1 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition £90.64
    X2 EVGA GTX 580 SuperClocked 1536MB GDDR5 £809.84
    x1 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus £27.08
    X1 MSI 990FXA-GD65 Socket AM3+ £117.99
    X1 Corsair TXM 850W Modular PSU £108.46
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X2 G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £50.12


    new total £1371.04
  18. I'd stay with the Sandy Bridge. It's actually the better choice. You don't want to skimp on the main components.(processor, mainboard, PSU, RAM or cooling) The SB's are fairly priced, and they are more efficient then their predecessors. They operate cooler and draw less power than the i7 900 lineup. I've read through a lot of tests and reviews and these two SB processors are almost always at the top when they get to the gaming sections, and they overclock well too. Plus, speaking from experience, a stock overclocked card is usually a bit more expensive and a giant pain in the butt. A lot of the time, you'll get a better overclock doing it yourself. Besides, a single GTX580 will handle any game that is currently out at high settings, and you could get the second one shortly after Christmas when the prices fall, and save quite a bit. You'll feel better about having those GTX580's in a sli set up, if you aren't paying the current inflated price for them both. According to your wishes, I 'm not convinced that you'll be happy with the AMD CPU. That's just my humble opinion. Why spend 1400 pounds and still not be happy? If that Noctua DH-14 is too big. There are a couple of smaller quality coolers that come within a couple of degrees of these highend coolers. They aren't much to look at, but they are reliable and get the job done at an affordable price.
    Personally, I'd stick closer to the other list from Markuk1, which I put below, and only consider changing the graphic card set up. If the cooler is too big or way out of your budget, you can find a similarly performing one at a more reasonable price by googling through the cooler reviews.
    X1 Intel Core i5 2500K £171.76
    X2 Gigabyte GTX 570 OC Windforce3X 1280MB GDDR5 £555.96
    X1 Noctua NH-D14 Dual Radiator £65.85
    X1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 £164.34
    X1 Corsair 850W HX Modular PSU £125.45
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X2 G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £50.12

    new total: £1299.43

    Those 2 Gtx 570's will beat a GTX 580 in performance, but if you really want the GTX580 sli. Then start with one. You can buy the other when the prices drop after Christmas, but I don't think you'll need the second one that soon, which is good because then you'll save even more money.
  19. Thank you guys for all your comments. I really appreciate.
    I think I will stick with i5-2500k and will go with single GTX580 for now.

    Some of you are suggesting saving some money by buying 850W PSU instead of 1kW one. I've seen some comments that it might not be enough for two overclocked GTX580, overclocked CPU, SSD and watercooling system. I'm just thinking about future here as I wouldn't like to replace PSU in few months time. What do you think?

    Thanks again.
  20. markuk1 said:
    well if its only for gaming then i wouldn't even go sandy bridge i would go am3+ and use one of there new bulldozer cpus or else just use an x4 955be and overclock it if the aa and setting are all maxed out a'1920x1080 or even higher res you will see no extra performance gain from the i5 and he could save a few extra quid and get the gtx 580s he wanted witch would yield a good performance gain with a good overclock


    X1 AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition £90.64
    X2 EVGA GTX 580 SuperClocked 1536MB GDDR5 £809.84
    x1 Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus £27.08
    X1 MSI 990FXA-GD65 Socket AM3+ £117.99
    X1 Corsair TXM 850W Modular PSU £108.46
    X2 Seagate 1TB 3.5" Barracuda SATA-III 6Gb/s Hard Drive - 7200RPM 32MB Cache £91.97
    X1 Fractal Design Arc Case £73.98
    X2 G-Skill 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1600mhz Ripjaws Memory Kit CL9 (9-9-9-24) 1.5V £50.12


    new total £1371.04

    Your joking right?
  21. The Sandy Bridge i5 2500k and the i7 2600k are top for gaming and reasonably priced. I checked the wattage on those GTX580's to make sure you'd have enough power, because when I posted 850w, we were still talking about GTX570's. Anyway, I'm glad I came back. We don't want you to be underpowered. I was bowled over when I saw the real wattage use during actual gameplay and not during simulated gameplay. They vary a lot from the specs. Most people go by standard information that Nvidia/3rd party manufacturers puts on paper, but in depth tests/reviews prove that those wattage specs are inaccurate. The real wattage use is actually quite a bit higher. A few of the 3rd party cards are more efficient though. That's a card that you'll want to choose carefully. Sooner or later, you will end up stressing those cards out, and when you do, you don't want to die halfway up that hill. You might get lucky and have your PC reset itself, but you also might not get lucky, and then you will lose parts of and possibly even your whole system. It's always better to be safe than sorry. The Corsair HX1050 professional series is a quality 1050w silver PSU. It has been tested/reviewed by the best and it delivers a solid performance. I've actually seen a few rigs that are using that PSU with a GTX580 sli combined with a CPU that uses more power than an i5 2500K.
    I just noticed that no one included your SSD in their list.

    You should go with your gut and drop the 2nd graphic card and add that SSD, because you can add that second card later, and save quite a bit by waiting. The reason I said to wait until after Christmas is quite simple. The new graphic cards that were supposed to come out before Christmas aren't coming out until the 1st quarter of 2012. When those new cards hit the market, the 580's will become cheaper.

    Your list should look something like this now
    1 Intel Core i5 2500K
    1 Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 Socket 1155 @1.5v
    1 GTX 580 not stock overclocked(9x's out of 10, you will get a better overclock yourself)brand still to be determined
    1 Corsair HX1050
    1 Noctua NH DH-14 (if it fits, if not we'll look on the lists for another one that is comparable)
    1 8GB Kit (2x4GB) ddr3 RAM 1600Mhz 9-9-9-24
    1 SSD - Crucial CT128M4Solid State Drive2 128GB M4
    1 Seagate Barracuda 1TB or 2TB
    1 Fractal Design Arc Case

    I'm reasonably sure that you will be pleasantly surprised with the capabilities of that system setup, once you have it configured properly.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems Product