Ok...i bought.....so now what?!

hiccuphell

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
I just ordered a build from newegg. Waiting for delivery.

What should i be concerned about?
- are there instructions/videos on how to build the system. Are there best practices?
- what happens if something is not working. I know about newegg's RMA practice and having to get the DOA unit back to them before 30 days. Any advice if something does go wrong?
- any thing else i should be worried about?

Thanks in advance.
HH

beenthere

Distinguished

No disrespect but the questions you asked should have been asked BEFORE you ordered a Do-It-Yourself PC Kit.

There are certainly some PC building guides online as noted and many people are willing to help, but this is homework you should have done before ordering to be certain your skill set is appropriate for building a PC -- which takes considerable knowledge to perform properly. Many enthusiasts under estimate the knowledge required to properly build a PC, not just assemble the hardware components into the case.

Hopefully you won't need it but the "No Boot Troubleshooting Guide" link below is something you should bookmark as it's a great checklist even if your PC boots up without issues.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-boot-video-problems

hiccuphell

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011

No disrespect taken. Thanks for your advice. I've personally built over 40 PCs over 14 years ago before my software company was large enough where i had to hire people to do this. I've been retired for 10 years since age 27. The dot com blip was amazing for me. I'm recently back to start up a new venture in the mobile space.

I simply asked because hardware constantly changes and building a pc may have changed in the last decade.

Thanks,
HH

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
Well its a lot easier than the days when you had to actually solder in memory chips XD. They made it alot more straight forward these days, so you really shouldnt have any trouble at all as long as you make sure you did everything ok.

TRENDING THREADS