Sign in with
Your question

Problem With Front Audio

Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2012 2:36:26 PM

I built a machine a few months back and have had an ongoing issue where I would wake my machine up from sleep the front panel audio jacks stop working.

I finally had time today to update everything I could find for my board today and the issue is still happening.

The system works fine when I do a fresh reboot on the machine, and the back panel audio jacks are always working fine regardless of when the machine wakes up from sleep.

The included Realtek Audio Manager Software detects when I plug or unplug the device from the front panel, but the sound does not work.

System Specs
Gigabyte Z77-UD5H Rev 1.0
I5-3570k
8 GB Ares 1600 Ram (2*4)
EVGA 660 TI

Anything else just let me know, and thank you for any and all help.
Captain

More about : problem front audio

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2012 3:05:32 PM

i used to have this same problem. do you have your main audio going through hdmi on your graphics card?
m
l
November 14, 2012 3:25:32 PM

No I use the onboard sound out of the back usually. I have that hooked up to a mixer and it always works fine, whether I resume from sleep or not.
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2012 6:05:33 PM

i never had an audio problem until i updated my gpu driver [gtx 670] in september then switching between anything required a reboot. i just keep it on one audio source now
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
November 14, 2012 6:07:24 PM

i believe switching between the rear i/o and head phones does work now though
m
l
November 14, 2012 11:26:31 PM

Anonymous said:
i believe switching between the rear i/o and head phones does work now though

Not quite what I was hoping for.

Is it possible to step my graphics card driver back a version and see if that will fix my issue, or am I just asking for more trouble at that point?

I can always get the back panel headphone out jack to work whether or not I have woken the machine up from sleep or not, the back panel does stop working if I have the front audio jacks plugged in but no sound actually comes out of them.

It makes me super frustrated when I head home from work and want to just hop online with some friends and have to restart my whole darn machine.
m
l
!