  • Displays
Last response: in Technologies
Share
November 3, 2004 4:44:54 AM

Just got the new bluetooth headset hbh-660.

I was excited about the caller (info) display function but it is not
working together with my SE T620.

On SE web site it says the headset is compatible with T610, T630 and
even t68i among other phones. I think the t620 was simply omitted but
should still be fully supported.

Have YOU had more luck with the info display function? What phone are
you using?

d.

More about : hbh 660

Anonymous
November 4, 2004 2:09:18 PM

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:44:54 -0800, David wrote:

> Just got the new bluetooth headset hbh-660.
>
> I was excited about the caller (info) display function but it is not
> working together with my SE T620.

T620 ???

> On SE web site it says the headset is compatible with T610, T630 and
> even t68i among other phones. I think the t620 was simply omitted but
> should still be fully supported.

No mention of T620 in SEs global product portfolio:
http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...

> Have YOU had more luck with the info display function? What phone are
> you using?

The info screen on this headset, like the HBH-200 headset, relies on the
phone having the more feature rich 'handsfree' BT profile, rather than
just the 'headset' BT profile.

I know of a couple of phones where the headset display won't work, and
that's the SE P900 and the Nokia 7600.

Does your phone support the 'handsfree' BT profile ?

Have you tried the headset on a different phone ? Like a SE T68i, T610,
T630, K700i, Z200, and Nokia 6600, 6310i. All of these I know do support
the 'handsfree' BT profile and the headset info screen works OK.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg
Anonymous
November 4, 2004 5:41:48 PM

On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:09:18 +0000, michael turner
<zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:

>No mention of T620 in SEs global product portfolio:
>http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver...

eBay is selling batteries for the T620. But no mention of the phone.

Evan
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
November 8, 2004 3:02:52 PM

A tried the feature a second time and the hbh-660 is now showing both
callers number and name if it is stored in the phone.

Must have been OE (oprator error) originally.
cheers for the help,
www.davidkaspar.com
November 14, 2004 7:17:40 PM

The info screen on this headset, like the HBH-200 headset, relies on the
phone having the more feature rich 'handsfree' BT profile, rather than
just the 'headset' BT profile.

I know of a couple of phones where the headset display won't work, and
that's the SE P900 and the Nokia 7600.

Does your phone support the 'handsfree' BT profile ?

Have you tried the headset on a different phone ? Like a SE T68i, T610,
T630, K700i, Z200, and Nokia 6600, 6310i. All of these I know do
support
the 'handsfree' BT profile and the headset info screen works OK.

--
Michael Turner
Email (ROT13)
zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

I have an SE T68i and unfortunately all I get on the info LCD is the
caller's number, not name. I thought that the problem may be that my SE
T68i's firmware is obsolete, 5D I believe. However, when I tried it on
my friend's BlackBerry 7100t mobile phone, the same thing happened.

I have the caller's name entered into my phone's phone book and even
tried it with several variations on the number (with and without the area
code, etc), but no luck.

I am unable to get US support for the product and wanted to know if my
headset is defective or if it just does not show the caller's name on the
info display when used with the SE T68i.

Thank you in advance for your help.

--
Sam