HBH-660

Just got the new bluetooth headset hbh-660.

I was excited about the caller (info) display function but it is not
working together with my SE T620.

On SE web site it says the headset is compatible with T610, T630 and
even t68i among other phones. I think the t620 was simply omitted but
should still be fully supported.

Have YOU had more luck with the info display function? What phone are
you using?

d.
4 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 01:44:54 -0800, David wrote:

    > Just got the new bluetooth headset hbh-660.
    >
    > I was excited about the caller (info) display function but it is not
    > working together with my SE T620.

    T620 ???

    > On SE web site it says the headset is compatible with T610, T630 and
    > even t68i among other phones. I think the t620 was simply omitted but
    > should still be fully supported.

    No mention of T620 in SEs global product portfolio:
    http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1&zone=pp&lm=pp1_nw&cid=null

    > Have YOU had more luck with the info display function? What phone are
    > you using?

    The info screen on this headset, like the HBH-200 headset, relies on the
    phone having the more feature rich 'handsfree' BT profile, rather than
    just the 'headset' BT profile.

    I know of a couple of phones where the headset display won't work, and
    that's the SE P900 and the Nokia 7600.

    Does your phone support the 'handsfree' BT profile ?

    Have you tried the headset on a different phone ? Like a SE T68i, T610,
    T630, K700i, Z200, and Nokia 6600, 6310i. All of these I know do support
    the 'handsfree' BT profile and the headset info screen works OK.

    --
    Michael Turner

    Email (ROT13)

    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 11:09:18 +0000, michael turner
    <zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg> wrote:

    >No mention of T620 in SEs global product portfolio:
    >http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?cc=global&lc=en&ver=4001&template=pp1&zone=pp&lm=pp1_nw&cid=null

    eBay is selling batteries for the T620. But no mention of the phone.

    Evan
  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    A tried the feature a second time and the hbh-660 is now showing both
    callers number and name if it is stored in the phone.

    Must have been OE (oprator error) originally.
    cheers for the help,
    www.davidkaspar.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.bluetooth (More info?)

    The info screen on this headset, like the HBH-200 headset, relies on the
    phone having the more feature rich 'handsfree' BT profile, rather than
    just the 'headset' BT profile.

    I know of a couple of phones where the headset display won't work, and
    that's the SE P900 and the Nokia 7600.

    Does your phone support the 'handsfree' BT profile ?

    Have you tried the headset on a different phone ? Like a SE T68i, T610,
    T630, K700i, Z200, and Nokia 6600, 6310i. All of these I know do
    support
    the 'handsfree' BT profile and the headset info screen works OK.

    --
    Michael Turner
    Email (ROT13)
    zvxr.gheare1963@grfpb.arg

    I have an SE T68i and unfortunately all I get on the info LCD is the
    caller's number, not name. I thought that the problem may be that my SE
    T68i's firmware is obsolete, 5D I believe. However, when I tried it on
    my friend's BlackBerry 7100t mobile phone, the same thing happened.

    I have the caller's name entered into my phone's phone book and even
    tried it with several variations on the number (with and without the area
    code, etc), but no luck.

    I am unable to get US support for the product and wanted to know if my
    headset is defective or if it just does not show the caller's name on the
    info display when used with the SE T68i.

    Thank you in advance for your help.

    --
    Sam

Bluetooth Gaming Headsets Phones Displays