Sign in with
Your question

Intel Atom D525 vs Pentium Dual-Core E5300

Last response: in CPUs
January 16, 2012 6:45:21 PM

Hello,

I need to chose between an Intel Atom D525 or an Intel Pentium Dual Core, which is better?
January 16, 2012 7:01:17 PM

Hawkor said:
Hello,

I need to chose between an Intel Atom D525 or an Intel Pentium Dual Core, which is better?

Intel atom is only used for netbooks due to their very small size and Intel pentium dual core is for desktops. It's like comparing a handgun to a machine gun.

but to be honest, i wouldn't recommend either in this day and age.
do you plan on buying a new CPU or are they your only options?
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2012 7:03:01 PM

Atoms are meant for basic netbook-type tasks such as email, word editing, web browsing. The pentium dual core should outperform it.
m
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 16, 2012 7:04:45 PM

Pentium's are faster and more expensive than Atom's.
Need more criteria in choosing a system than just CPU type.
m
l
a c 188 à CPUs
a b å Intel
January 16, 2012 8:42:48 PM

The Intel® Pentium® Dual Core would be a much faster processor. I think you would have to go back to something like an Intel Pentium 3 900MHz or something close to that before the Intel Pentium wasn’t the faster processor. Now that doesn’t mean that the Intel Atom™ doesn't have a spot; the biggest advantage for the Intel Atom processors is in the low power environment or someplace where performance isn’t the main issue. I am seeing a lot of Intel Atoms being used as cash registers and in kiosks.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
m
l
January 16, 2012 9:45:32 PM

IntelEnthusiast said:
the biggest advantage for the Intel Atom processors is in the low power environment or someplace where performance isn’t the main issue. I am seeing a lot of Intel Atoms being used as cash registers and in kiosks.

but just not in a computer, which is what this forum is about then ;) 
m
l
!