Adding an action to this dialog box

Well since I cannot post the picture of what I am trying to ask, hopefully
someone can try to guess what I am describing.
I want to add an action for a program not listed in this list. Is there a
way to do this (i.e. Play Audio CD using "cdmaster player")?

Download and install TweakUI for Windows XP. You'll find the ability to add autoplay handlers in the My Computer, AutoPlay, Handlers section.

TweakUI is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp (SP1 and later systems)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/powertoys.asp (Pre SP1 systems)

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O0v6Y2ydEHA.3792@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Well since I cannot post the picture of what I am trying to ask, hopefully
> someone can try to guess what I am describing.
> I want to add an action for a program not listed in this list. Is there a
> way to do this (i.e. Play Audio CD using "cdmaster player")?

Thanks Doug, I tried to download
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUIPowertoySetup_ia64.exe
which is for SP1 or later and got an error message when I tried to execute
the file that is was not a valid win32 application. Any other suggestions I
might try?

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
Download and install TweakUI for Windows XP. You'll find the ability to add
autoplay handlers in the My Computer, AutoPlay, Handlers section.

TweakUI is available from

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp (SP1 and
later systems)

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/powertoys.asp (Pre SP1
systems)

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Well since I cannot post the picture of what I am trying to ask, hopefully
> someone can try to guess what I am describing.
> I want to add an action for a program not listed in this list. Is there a
> way to do this (i.e. Play Audio CD using "cdmaster player")?

James D rambled on in microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> Thanks Doug, I tried to download
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839a
> fb2a2679/TweakUIPowertoySetup_ia64.exe which is for SP1 or later and got
> an error message when I tried to execute the file that is was not a
> valid win32 application. Any other suggestions I might try?
The tweakui you tried to download is for Itanium based systems.

As Black Baptist pointed out, you tried to download the 64 bit version.

You need this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

James D wrote:
> Thanks Doug, I tried to download

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUIPowertoySetup_ia64.exe
> which is for SP1 or later and got an error message when I tried to
> execute
> the file that is was not a valid win32 application. Any other
> suggestions I
> might try?

You clicked the wrong link. You downloaded the 64Bit version.
--
Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

http://www.dts-l.org
http://www.mvps.org

Thanks, I got the right one now.
By the way, what is an Itanium based system?

As Black Baptist pointed out, you tried to download the 64 bit version.

You need this one:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thanks Doug, I tried to download

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUIPowertoySetup_ia64.exe
> which is for SP1 or later and got an error message when I tried to execute
> the file that is was not a valid win32 application. Any other suggestions
> might try?
>

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> Download and install TweakUI for Windows XP. You'll find the ability to
add
> autoplay handlers in the My Computer, AutoPlay, Handlers section.
>
> TweakUI is available from
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp (SP1 and
> later systems)
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/powertoys.asp (Pre SP1
> systems)
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Well since I cannot post the picture of what I am trying to ask,
hopefully
>> someone can try to guess what I am describing.
>> I want to add an action for a program not listed in this list. Is there a
>> way to do this (i.e. Play Audio CD using "cdmaster player")?

Its a system that uses a 64 bit microprocessor. Standard off the shelf systems are 32 bit.

http://www.intel.com/products/server/processors/server/itanium2/index.htm

"James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:urevB%23MeEHA.3476@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, I got the right one now.
> By the way, what is an Itanium based system?
>

> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
> As Black Baptist pointed out, you tried to download the 64 bit version.
>
> You need this one:
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUiPowertoySetup.exe
>
> --
> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks Doug, I tried to download
>>
> http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/c/a/fca6767b-9ed9-45a6-b352-839afb2a2679/TweakUIPowertoySetup_ia64.exe
>> which is for SP1 or later and got an error message when I tried to execute
>> the file that is was not a valid win32 application. Any other suggestions
>> might try?
>>

>> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" <dknox@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Download and install TweakUI for Windows XP. You'll find the ability to
> add
>> autoplay handlers in the My Computer, AutoPlay, Handlers section.
>>
>> TweakUI is available from
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp (SP1 and
>> later systems)
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/downloads/powertoys.asp (Pre SP1
>> systems)
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "James D" <newsgroopie@NOSPAM.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> Well since I cannot post the picture of what I am trying to ask,
> hopefully
>>> someone can try to guess what I am describing.
>>> I want to add an action for a program not listed in this list. Is there a
>>> way to do this (i.e. Play Audio CD using "cdmaster player")?

TRENDING THREADS