Sign in with
Your question

Gaming Motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
November 14, 2012 9:38:19 PM

I know how to pick my parts and how good they are for GPU CPU etc. but on the topic of motherboards I feel like I’m playing Russian roulette. I know some basics like SATA ports for SSD and I need a PCI express 3.0 x 16 for a GTX 680 (GB) [ To be honest I don't even know if that is right] but other than that I’m clueless. My specs are going to be...

CPU: i7 @ 3.4 GHz NO OVERCLOCKING AT ALL
SSD: 256 GB
HDD: 1TB 7200
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 680 4GB
RAM: 16GB G.SKILL (8 x 2)
PSU: 950w Gold
Mobo: Considering this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Will someone please point me in the right direction, or is that one good? Going to be running this mainly for gaming with a bit of editing and 3D modeling here and there ( ergo i7 and 16gb ram ). Also, I have room in my budget to go up to $250 but really looking for a one <$200. Trying to stay away from ASUS due to poor customer service reviews and that they overprice their products but if they are the best motherboard manufacturers I will consider them.

More about : gaming motherboard

November 14, 2012 9:45:38 PM

Yeah im pretty sure that one is good
Im getting that one soon
m
l
November 16, 2012 5:47:22 AM

3D editing come STRICTLY down to the end avenue of GPU.
There are 2 types of GPU:
1] Playback (Gaming GPUS)
2] Rendering (Firepro 3D Modeling GPU's)

I bought my mom a 3D rendering GPU workstation card a while back: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
and THAT little bitch is BETTER than my GTS 450 SC gaming (playback) card bro!!! I am NOT kidding you. I played Splintercell conviction, medal of honor 2010 AND Metro 2033 on this card as a test, and I was BLOWN away!!!
so consider, - if you are going to render AND play games THIS is THE only card that will do it... you know why??? Because it is THE only card that supports Hardware acceleration of DirectX 11 & OpenGL 4.2 advanced features. Mark AMD's words... it has 5.0 shader tech, can support up to 5 HD displays using DisplayPort 1.2 multi-streaming and Eyefinity technology, has Full 30-bit Display Pipeline, powered COMPLETELY via 75W from PCIe socket (no external power cables required), AND AMD offers on THIS card the "AMD Unified Firepro Driver" which allows you to have ULTIMATE 3D rendering capabilities as WELL as GAMING abilities (AMD's special and specific line of drivers for just the purpose of making this card BAD ASS.)
Yeah it is entry 3D renderer (but is 8x faster than a playback GPU) AND can playback (gaming) at AMAZING rates!
I would trade in my GTS 450 Sc in a heartbeat for this card. It is probably an equival to a GTX 550 card for playback.
m
l
!