Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Screen flashing; maybe graphics card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 17, 2011 4:51:50 AM

Hello,
my computer is an older Sony Vaio desktop. I was planning to replace it soon. It was always a good computer, it was just getting slower. Now it is flashing from a full-sized window to a small window on the left side of the screen. If I have multiple windows open, it will flash from the large open window to show all the windows in a small size on the screen. I am running Microsoft Windows XP, Version 2002, Service Pack 3. The Control Panel tells me the display is a Sony SDM-HS73 on Radeon 9200.

Any ideas? Maybe the graphics card? At a minimum, I want to recover the pictures and files on the machine before I send it to the computer graveyard.

Thanks in advance for your help.

More about : screen flashing graphics card

Best solution

August 17, 2011 8:32:58 PM

I would try updating the drivers, if you can't/already did, see if you can run your comp w/o your graphics card. If none of that works you can always try installing your Hard Drive to another computer and try to retrieve them that way.
August 25, 2011 4:15:51 AM

jjklumiar said:
I would try updating the drivers, if you can't/already did, see if you can run your comp w/o your graphics card. If none of that works you can always try installing your Hard Drive to another computer and try to retrieve them that way.

JJ, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. I will follow your advice and report back on what happens. Thanks and have a great day. Randy
m
l
Related resources
September 9, 2011 8:18:57 AM

JJ,

I am finally at home and able to update the drivers for the Radeon 9200 Video Card. I am cautiously optimistic that the repair has worked. Thanks again for your help. Have a great weekend.

v/r,
Randy
m
l
September 9, 2011 8:19:43 AM

Best answer selected by rsross.
m
l
!