Status
Not open for further replies.

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
My Cpu Temp is about 70c then when I go to play a video game it Ramps up the RPM of the fans an Speed fan is saying it's hitting 80c+ withen 3 minutes. I purchase a new Heat sink I have a stock one that came with my Dell xps 410 LGA 775 1.8ghz.

Well this fix the heat issue, also Would it be better for me just to buy a new LGA 775 cpu Too hold me off so I can save $500 for a new AMD build ?

Solution
The heatsink may not have been installed properly. Just double check it.

The 1st time I installed the Tuniq Tower on my E6600 CPU, I did not install it properly and the temps were around 65C - 70C when idling. After correcting my mistake, idle temps went down to 38C.

Generally speaking, AMD's current Phenom II / Bulldozer CPUs are basically as fast as Intel's C2D / C2Q CPUs. In terms of overall CPU performance Intel's 2nd generation Sandy Bridge Cire i3/i5/i7 CPUs are about 20% than their AMD competitors (and Intel's older C2D / C2Q CPUs).

However, since most games are limited by the GPU rather than the CPU (unless the CPU is so slow it bottlenecks the GPU), as long as the CPU is fast enough, there should only a small performance...
The heatsink may not have been installed properly. Just double check it.

The 1st time I installed the Tuniq Tower on my E6600 CPU, I did not install it properly and the temps were around 65C - 70C when idling. After correcting my mistake, idle temps went down to 38C.

Generally speaking, AMD's current Phenom II / Bulldozer CPUs are basically as fast as Intel's C2D / C2Q CPUs. In terms of overall CPU performance Intel's 2nd generation Sandy Bridge Cire i3/i5/i7 CPUs are about 20% than their AMD competitors (and Intel's older C2D / C2Q CPUs).

However, since most games are limited by the GPU rather than the CPU (unless the CPU is so slow it bottlenecks the GPU), as long as the CPU is fast enough, there should only a small performance difference between a "good enough" CPU and a "high performance" CPU.

Solution

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
So pretty sure this would fix the over heating? its a dell xps 410 demision How ever you spell it !_!

I mean I was Fine a day ago Till I Dusted out the pipes Might of nock some Thermal paste off but I hope This fixes it I can't even watch a movie with out it Screaming at me now :'[

joec_10

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2012
I think my heat sink was turn around you have to unscrew it from a black box that is holding on it Flip that around Also Clean out some fans had major dust in them I'm going replace those two when I get my new Cpu coller from the Egg

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS