Sign in with
Your question

New build will not install win 7

Last response: in Systems
October 17, 2011 5:57:15 AM

Hi,

I am a novice at building pc's and I have run into issues installing windows 7 on a fresh SSD. I get as far as selecting the drive and copying the files (first check mark) and then a few seconds into the next section I receive a error "windows cannot install required files. make sure all files required for installation are available." This is off a purchased windows 7 disk. I have also ran into random blues screens that flash faster then I can read and other errors with the way the partitions are set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asus p8p67 evo
I7 2600k
Corsair vengeance LP 16 gig 1600mhz
Corsair 180 GB SSD
Corsair AX850 power supply
EVGA GTX 580

More about : build install win

October 17, 2011 6:03:09 AM

Can you install Win7 to the system hard drive? If you can, try a new SATA cable, power cable, and different motherboard SATA port for the SSD.

Otherwise, it looks like the SSD is defective.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 17, 2011 6:06:15 AM

Have you tried setting the SSD as your primary drive in your BIOS? Maybe disconnect all second and third hard drives you may have running and try installing Windows on only the SSD?
m
l
Related resources
October 18, 2011 12:23:09 AM

jsc said:
Can you install Win7 to the system hard drive? If you can, try a new SATA cable, power cable, and different motherboard SATA port for the SSD.

Otherwise, it looks like the SSD is defective.

g-unit1111 said:
Have you tried setting the SSD as your primary drive in your BIOS? Maybe disconnect all second and third hard drives you may have running and try installing Windows on only the SSD?

Thank you for the responses.

Today I tried the different cables and also another SSD had the same error. I thought maybe it was the disk but it is installing on my laptop just fine as I type this. I only had a dvd and the ssd hooked up during install so no other drives are conflicting... I appreciate anything else you guys might offer for suggestions. I also tried a different dvd drive.
m
l
October 18, 2011 12:30:47 AM

did you buy windows from a reputable dealer???

wondering if you've gotten a counterfeit disk???

also could be a memory error.......check with your mobo instructions for proper placement and only use one stick until you get the os installed.....
m
l
!