New build will not install win 7

J99007

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hi,

I am a novice at building pc's and I have run into issues installing windows 7 on a fresh SSD. I get as far as selecting the drive and copying the files (first check mark) and then a few seconds into the next section I receive a error "windows cannot install required files. make sure all files required for installation are available." This is off a purchased windows 7 disk. I have also ran into random blues screens that flash faster then I can read and other errors with the way the partitions are set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Asus p8p67 evo
I7 2600k
Corsair vengeance LP 16 gig 1600mhz
Corsair 180 GB SSD
Corsair AX850 power supply
EVGA GTX 580

J99007

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Thank you for the responses.

Today I tried the different cables and also another SSD had the same error. I thought maybe it was the disk but it is installing on my laptop just fine as I type this. I only had a dvd and the ssd hooked up during install so no other drives are conflicting... I appreciate anything else you guys might offer for suggestions. I also tried a different dvd drive.

badtaylorx

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2011
did you buy windows from a reputable dealer???

wondering if you've gotten a counterfeit disk???

also could be a memory error.......check with your mobo instructions for proper placement and only use one stick until you get the os installed.....