A DC Question for Mac users...Create CD-ROM w/emulator and..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Folks,

I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
to play on my DC box .
In other words, what's the process?
I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
I figure I can use the emulator from that.

When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.

Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.

If you're familiar with my situation,
please explain the process(to a thick
headed newbie), or point me to
a site that might do the same.

Thanx in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

M1tch

"Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
> How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
> to play on my DC box .
> In other words, what's the process?
> I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
> I figure I can use the emulator from that.
>
> When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
> GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.
>
> Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
> 1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.
>
> If you're familiar with my situation,
> please explain the process(to a thick
> headed newbie), or point me to
> a site that might do the same.
>
> Thanx in advance for your help,
>
> Sincerely,
>
> M1tch

I've got a text file that explains the entire process, that I printed
out a long while back, but sadly don't have the actual file anymore.

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Suddenly aware of my presence, the Elder Gods transformed me into their
servant and gave me a new purpose: To prevent the Dragon King from
merging the realms."

- Scorpion, Mortal Kombat: Deception

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
> How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
> to play on my DC box .
> In other words, what's the process?
> I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
> I figure I can use the emulator from that.
>
> When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
> GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.
>
> Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
> 1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.
>
> If you're familiar with my situation,
> please explain the process(to a thick
> headed newbie), or point me to
> a site that might do the same.

http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/DCHelp/Mac.shtml
The file Bel mentioned should be called something like "MdT (1.2).rtf";
at least, that's the one I have. A Google search doesn't turn it up. The
FAQs at the first link should help you, tho.
"Mac Dream Tool" is the program you are looking for.
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/
is the place to get the .sbi files you need to use it.

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

"Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

> Fellas,
>
> Thanx for the info, been trying to sort out what I need, what I have
> and how to use it.
> I also picked up Mac Pack 4 in the process. But the recent
> "dreamsnes-0.9.8" zip file
> I got at <http://mc.pp.se/dc/dreamsnes>, didn't have a CDI file,
> instead, there were
> files similar to those indicated in my original post.I'm not sure how
> to handle that.
> Do I need to search for another zip that contains a CDI file or do I
> work with what
> I've got in another way? Right now main interest is to create a
> bootable disk that
> contains an emulator. Creating a rom disk seems to be easy enough.

The SBI version of that is at Sbiffy; specifically at
http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/browse/browse.cgi?browse&Emus
You'll end up burning the ROMs onto the same disc. I think we've
provided the right info for burning SBIs in OSX.