A DC Question for Mac users...Create CD-ROM w/emulator and..

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Folks,

I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
to play on my DC box .
In other words, what's the process?
I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
I figure I can use the emulator from that.

When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.

Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.

If you're familiar with my situation,
please explain the process(to a thick
headed newbie), or point me to
a site that might do the same.

Thanx in advance for your help,

Sincerely,

M1tch
3 answers Last reply
More about question users create emulator
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    "Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
    > How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
    > to play on my DC box .
    > In other words, what's the process?
    > I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
    > I figure I can use the emulator from that.
    >
    > When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
    > GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.
    >
    > Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
    > 1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.
    >
    > If you're familiar with my situation,
    > please explain the process(to a thick
    > headed newbie), or point me to
    > a site that might do the same.
    >
    > Thanx in advance for your help,
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > M1tch

    I've got a text file that explains the entire process, that I printed
    out a long while back, but sadly don't have the actual file anymore.

    Bel
    --

    Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

    "Suddenly aware of my presence, the Elder Gods transformed me into their
    servant and gave me a new purpose: To prevent the Dragon King from
    merging the realms."

    - Scorpion, Mortal Kombat: Deception
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    "Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

    > Folks,
    >
    > I'm on a Mac using Roxio Toast 5.0.1.
    > How can I create a CD with roms and an emulator,
    > to play on my DC box .
    > In other words, what's the process?
    > I already have an ISO burned CD that reads "DSNES".
    > I figure I can use the emulator from that.
    >
    > When I open the ISO, there appears to be 4 folders:
    > GFX, LOCALE, ROMS, and SOUND.
    >
    > Along with the folders, there are 2 files:
    > 1DSNES.SH4, and IP.BIN.
    >
    > If you're familiar with my situation,
    > please explain the process(to a thick
    > headed newbie), or point me to
    > a site that might do the same.

    http://www.dcevolution.netfirms.com/DCHelp/Mac.shtml
    The file Bel mentioned should be called something like "MdT (1.2).rtf";
    at least, that's the one I have. A Google search doesn't turn it up. The
    FAQs at the first link should help you, tho.
    "Mac Dream Tool" is the program you are looking for.
    http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/
    is the place to get the .sbi files you need to use it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    "Fabian O. Mitchell" wrote:

    > Fellas,
    >
    > Thanx for the info, been trying to sort out what I need, what I have
    > and how to use it.
    > I also picked up Mac Pack 4 in the process. But the recent
    > "dreamsnes-0.9.8" zip file
    > I got at <http://mc.pp.se/dc/dreamsnes>, didn't have a CDI file,
    > instead, there were
    > files similar to those indicated in my original post.I'm not sure how
    > to handle that.
    > Do I need to search for another zip that contains a CDI file or do I
    > work with what
    > I've got in another way? Right now main interest is to create a
    > bootable disk that
    > contains an emulator. Creating a rom disk seems to be easy enough.

    The SBI version of that is at Sbiffy; specifically at
    http://consolevision.com/members/sbiffy/browse/browse.cgi?browse&Emus
    You'll end up burning the ROMs onto the same disc. I think we've
    provided the right info for burning SBIs in OSX.

Console Gaming CD-Rom Emulator Macintosh Video Games