Good aftermarket i3 cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

metalman02

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2011
I am planing a build for a mid-rang gaming computer based on an Intel i3-2100 and an AMD 6790. It won't be used for anything very demanding, the most it may see is BFBC2. I am wondering what a good cooler for the i3 would be. I don't normally pick out coolers for lower end processors because I usually just use the stock cooler. I don't want to get one that's just over kill. The case I will be using is the XCLIO Nighthawk. Any suggestions are appreciated and the cheaper it is always helps. Thank you.

Solution
+1 DelroyMonjo
+1 amuffin
+1 davcon

Unless this system is in an environment that has poor air flow, is unusually hot, or you need an extremely quite system you really don't need a 3rd party HSF (heatsink/fan). The stock HSF is designed to fit the normal cooling needs of this processor including gaming.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team
+1 DelroyMonjo
+1 amuffin
+1 davcon

Unless this system is in an environment that has poor air flow, is unusually hot, or you need an extremely quite system you really don't need a 3rd party HSF (heatsink/fan). The stock HSF is designed to fit the normal cooling needs of this processor including gaming.

Christian Wood
Intel Enthusiast Team

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.