Constant BSOD on newly built PC.

dnwl

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
First of all: I apologise if this is posted in the wrong forum. I did look around and this particular forum section applied to my problem.

Down to the issue:
About two months ago I posted here asking advice on a new PC build - recommending what specifications and hardware I should go for. I have now built the PC and installed Windows 7 onto it.
However, whenever I power the PC on; It will load Windows and let me log in. But after about 3 minutes of loading a browser, checking emails etc, I get the lovely Stop Error (Blue Screen of Death).

The most common errors include:
BAD_POOL_HEADER
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
BAD_POOL_CALLER

PC Specifications:
ASUS M4A87TD Motherboard. (Not the EVO or the USB3 edition, just the plain M4A87TD)
AMD Phenom II x4 980 @ 3.7Ghz (Stock Cooler)
8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz
GTX 550 Ti
Atrix 650w PSU
1TB Samsung HDD 7200RPM 32MB Cache.
Samsung SH-S223C 22x SATA DVD RW Writer Burner
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Please, any support / help on how to fix this would be fantastic. I've saved for this PC for a long time and would like it to be stable :)

Thanks,

Dan.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I'd suggest you do one of two things:
1) run memtest86 from a cd or usb stick and see if it throws up errors
2) download prime95 to a memory stick and boot your windows installation disk, press shift F10 to access a command prompt, and try to run prime95 - if it doesn't fail in 20 minutes, it's likely a problem with drivers or harddrive.

Edit: Oh and have a look at the cpu and chipset temperatures in the bios (probably under hardware monitor or power management)