I am not a gaming systems buyer

I am not a gaming system buyer but I saw a gaming system I would love except for the graphic card is HD Intel 2000 for ZT Affinity is there any way I can upgrade the graphic card to a better one and how do I know what is compatible with the computer I have? I have no clue what I am doing here. I still want to watch you tube and do the basics but I want to play sims 3 with expansion packs without needing to buy a computer in the next 6 months. Is there any way I can find a better graphic card compatible with Intel HD 2000 without destroying my computer and put it in? Any recommendations on cards (that would be compatible with Sims 3 requirements would also be appreciated) and any graphic card information about how I could switch out graphic cards for a ZT Affinity would also be appreciated. If you think I should take it to a professional and get it switched out if you could let me know how much that usually cost since I really am not technically minded please let me know.
3 answers Last reply
More about gaming systems buyer
  1. the HD 2000 is the built-in GPU of the andy Bridge processor, it comes with a 350W Power supply

I would suggest an HD6670
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161386
  2. I appreciate your comment but I heard that Sims 3 won't play on a HD6770 because it's too high. Alot of simmers were saying stick in the 5000-5999 range but since I am not techically minded i don't even know what graphic cards are in that range that would work with an Intel HD i7 or i5 processor
  3. the HD 6670 is the fastest card that will run in your system without changing the power supply.

It should run Sim 3 just fine at 1440x900 or 1680x1050
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Graphics Cards Systems Product