Trying to pair SE K700i with a PC via Newlink USB Bluetoot..

....and although I bought the dongle 2 days ago, and the
phone yesterday, the dongle's installation disc has no
K700i drivers. I can't find a website for Newlink.
Anyone have any useful suggestions?

Any help gratefully received!

TIA
--
David
2 answers Last reply

    David Lees wrote:
    > ...and although I bought the dongle 2 days ago, and the
    > phone yesterday, the dongle's installation disc has no
    > K700i drivers. I can't find a website for Newlink.
    > Anyone have any useful suggestions?
    >
    > Any help gratefully received!
    >
    > TIA
    > --
    > David

    How's about installing the s/w which came with the /phone/ that can also be
    had from SE's www? You will need to install Mobile Phone Monitor as a
    minimum. When you've done that, you will then find you have a load of
    virtual serial ports. You then need to match the *client* com port of your
    BT s/w to that of the SE s/w. At least that's how I did it with mine that
    used the Widcomm stack. If you are installing to XPSP2 your dongle may or
    may not get recognised by MS's native BT stack which allegedly has few
    profiles than you usually get with the dongle s/w.

    Regards

    > How's about installing the s/w which came with the /phone/ that can
    also be
    > had from SE's www? You will need to install Mobile Phone Monitor as
    > minimum. When you've done that, you will then find you have a load
    of
    > virtual serial ports. You then need to match the *client* com port
    of your
    > BT s/w to that of the SE s/w. At least that's how I did it with mine
    that
    > used the Widcomm stack. If you are installing to XPSP2 your dongle
    may or
    > may not get recognised by MS's native BT stack which allegedly has
    few
    > profiles than you usually get with the dongle s/w.
    >
    > Regards

    Cheers Paul, I'll see how far I get with that. However I'm still
    using Win98, so
    couldn't install the SE software from the CD which came with the
    phone.
    Will have a look at the SE website and see if they offer anything for
    my ancient
    operating system...
    --
    David