Trying to pair SE K700i with a PC via Newlink USB Bluetoot..

Last response: in Technologies
November 7, 2004 3:10:08 PM

....and although I bought the dongle 2 days ago, and the
phone yesterday, the dongle's installation disc has no
K700i drivers. I can't find a website for Newlink.
Anyone have any useful suggestions?

Any help gratefully received!

TIA
--
David
Anonymous

David Lees wrote:
> ...and although I bought the dongle 2 days ago, and the
> phone yesterday, the dongle's installation disc has no
> K700i drivers. I can't find a website for Newlink.
> Anyone have any useful suggestions?
>
> Any help gratefully received!
>
> TIA
> --
> David

How's about installing the s/w which came with the /phone/ that can also be
had from SE's www? You will need to install Mobile Phone Monitor as a
minimum. When you've done that, you will then find you have a load of
virtual serial ports. You then need to match the *client* com port of your
BT s/w to that of the SE s/w. At least that's how I did it with mine that
used the Widcomm stack. If you are installing to XPSP2 your dongle may or
may not get recognised by MS's native BT stack which allegedly has few
profiles than you usually get with the dongle s/w.

Regards
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 3:56:01 PM

> How's about installing the s/w which came with the /phone/ that can
also be
> had from SE's www? You will need to install Mobile Phone Monitor as
> minimum. When you've done that, you will then find you have a load
of
> virtual serial ports. You then need to match the *client* com port
of your
> BT s/w to that of the SE s/w. At least that's how I did it with mine
that
> used the Widcomm stack. If you are installing to XPSP2 your dongle
may or
> may not get recognised by MS's native BT stack which allegedly has
few
> profiles than you usually get with the dongle s/w.
>
> Regards

Cheers Paul, I'll see how far I get with that. However I'm still
using Win98, so
couldn't install the SE software from the CD which came with the
phone.
Will have a look at the SE website and see if they offer anything for
my ancient
operating system...
--
David