Keyboard problems

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

The other day I downloaded some driver upgrades that caused my system to
crash. I had to restore to an earlier set up. After I did this I found that
my key strokes will not repeat at high speed any more. I have to set them at
the lowest setting or when you press a key it just freezes up until you
release it and press it again. As I am an avid game player, this problem is
causing me all kinds of grief. I have tried reinstalling the driver but this
has not helped. Of the drivers I was upgrading this was not one of them. I
checked my system for conflicts but found none. Has anyone any suggestions
please. Any advice would me much appreciated. Oh and while playing any of my
games eg. Unreal Tournament 2004, when you do press a directional key you
shudder to a stop and it also seems to interfere with the sound for some
reason.

--

Much Obliged :)
2 answers Last reply

    You left out a Key piece of information. What keyboard and driver are you
    using?
    Some keyboard functions are user settable. Where and how depends upon the
    keyboard driver--(Microsoft, Non Microsoft, Keyboard type, etc.)

    "Mike" <walsh6_@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
    > The other day I downloaded some driver upgrades that caused my system to
    > crash. I had to restore to an earlier set up. After I did this I found
    > that
    > my key strokes will not repeat at high speed any more. I have to set them
    > at
    > the lowest setting or when you press a key it just freezes up until you
    > release it and press it again. As I am an avid game player, this problem
    > is
    > causing me all kinds of grief. I have tried reinstalling the driver but
    > this
    > has not helped. Of the drivers I was upgrading this was not one of them. I
    > checked my system for conflicts but found none. Has anyone any suggestions
    > please. Any advice would me much appreciated. Oh and while playing any of
    > my
    > games eg. Unreal Tournament 2004, when you do press a directional key you
    > shudder to a stop and it also seems to interfere with the sound for some
    > reason.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Much Obliged :)

    ---
    Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

    I'm using an Olympic Technology keyboard at the moment, but I do have other
    keyboards I've tried. Plus I've just notice that when I have music playing
    in the background typing interferes with it. They all use the driver XP has
    supplied, although my Olympic keyboard should have it's own driver I can,t
    find it anywhere on the net! If it came with any installable driver I've not
    got it.
    "Chuck" <nospm@msn.com> wrote in message
    > You left out a Key piece of information. What keyboard and driver are you
    > using?
    > Some keyboard functions are user settable. Where and how depends upon the
    > keyboard driver--(Microsoft, Non Microsoft, Keyboard type, etc.)
    >
    > "Mike" <walsh6_@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
    > > The other day I downloaded some driver upgrades that caused my system to
    > > crash. I had to restore to an earlier set up. After I did this I found
    > > that
    > > my key strokes will not repeat at high speed any more. I have to set
    them
    > > at
    > > the lowest setting or when you press a key it just freezes up until you
    > > release it and press it again. As I am an avid game player, this problem
    > > is
    > > causing me all kinds of grief. I have tried reinstalling the driver but
    > > this
    > > has not helped. Of the drivers I was upgrading this was not one of them.
    > > checked my system for conflicts but found none. Has anyone any
    suggestions
    > > please. Any advice would me much appreciated. Oh and while playing any
    of
    > > my
    > > games eg. Unreal Tournament 2004, when you do press a directional key
    you
    > > shudder to a stop and it also seems to interfere with the sound for some
    > > reason.
    > >
    > > --
    > >
    > > Much Obliged :)
    > >

    > ---
    > Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.

Configuration Keyboard Problems Microsoft Customization Windows XP